Clinical Research Nurse - [Archived Advertisement]
Border Medical Oncology Research Unit (View other jobs from this organisation)
Clinical Research Nurse
Border Medical Oncology Research Unit has been in operation since 1998. Our aim is to improve outcomes for regional cancer patients and impact on the future direction of cancer treatments. We aim to achieve this through providing optimal access to cancer clinical trials and the provision of quality patient care to the region.
The unit is situated in the thriving border town of Albury NSW in the state of the art Albury Wodonga Regional Cancer Centre. The centre provides cancer services to a cross border population of over 250,000 and the unit has been the recipient of numerous awards over the years including being awarded the prestigious NSW Premiers Award for innovation in Cancer Clinical Trials in both 2010 and 2012.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Clinical Research Nurse to join our dynamic clinical trials team providing the highest standard of care to all patients involved in clinical trials. This position has responsibility for the delivery of direct and indirect care and associated data collection for concurrent clinical research studies. Registered Nurse - Division 1 with a post-basic oncology / haematology course or other relevant qualification / experience would be an advantage.
Experience in Research, Data Management and/or Haematology and/or Oncology is highly desirable. On the job training will be undertaken with experienced staff. Our organisation has an commitment to ongoing professional development.
Full-time (negotiable) Permanent Contract (Ongoing dependent on performance and funding).
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Registered nurse with a minimum of 3 years post graduate nursing demonstrating the appropriate competencies and skills for the job and clinical setting.
- Evidence of further education/continuous professional development.
- Demonstrated excellent team working skills with ability to work using own initiative.
- Effective listening and interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills/ability to prioritise workload.
- IT skills.
- Post-basic oncology / haematology course or other relevant post qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience in Research, Data Management and/or oncology and/or haematology is highly desirable.
- NSW - Albury
- $40 - $49.99 per hour
- Work Type:
- Full Time