The Role and opportunity
Are you a Senior Scientist looking to make an impact and shape the direction of research within an innovative internationally recognised team?
Then this is your rare opportunity to join our Plant Functional Biology Team in exploring the effects of elevated atmospheric CO2, climate change, and potential climate change mitigation technologies, in the context of New Zealand’s pastoral agriculture.
Based at our Grasslands campus in Palmerston North you will be responsible for some of the following components.
What you will be doing
- Providing thought-leadership that identifies new opportunities for delivering R&D solutions of importance to the NZ economy advancing scientific knowledge and theory related to climate change science.
- Contributing and leading the development of successful funding proposals that attract significant revenue and offer solutions to existing and new customers.
- Building and maintaining a strong culture of partnership with collaborators and stakeholders, focussed on creation of impact in the pastoral sector.
Your ideal background
- PhD Degree
- Five to ten years’ experience in science area relevant to climate-change research, with an international reputation.
- Excellent peer-reviewed publication record as well as other activities (e.g. journal editorial boards, organising sessions at relevant science conferences) that develop and maintain national and international research collaborations
- Demonstrates ability and interest in working with high-functioning research teams through enduring collaborations and thought-leadership.
AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today on the link below with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For a confidential discussion contact Jim Crush, email: email@example.com
Please note applications will not be accepted via this email address.
Applications close: 13 August 2020, 23:00