Learning Experience Designer (fixed term)
UTS College (View other jobs from this organisation)
UTS College provides a pathway for students into the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS), one of Australia's leading universities, and it is our vision to actualise potential and enhance lives through the power of learning, our actions and our people.
To support the learning experience of our students, UTS College has adopted an Integrated Learning Model, which incorporates the best practices of live (synchronous) and independent (asynchronous) learning and all other aspects of a students' life at UTS college, integrated, to prepare them as independent and connected learners for UTS and beyond.
We currently have the opportunity for a Learning Experience Designer to join the team to support the Integrated Model of Learning, on a 6 month fixed-term contract.
Working as part of a team of designers and reporting to the Learning Experience Lead, this role will work in liaison with the Academic Coordinators to design, develop and implement creative, innovative and engaging learning experiences that align with established learning outcomes.
This position would be suited to someone with a deep understanding of learning & teaching pedagogy, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
About the role
This position is responsible for:
- Providing specialised design advice and working closely with subject matter experts to create innovative online learning experiences, using high quality user experience (UX) design
- Designing curriculum within the model framework that is engaging and follows a student centric approach through the application of best practice learning principles, pedagogical practise and student engagement principles
- Converting content into creative and engaging learning solutions in line with established learning outcomes
- Integrating educational technologies, interactive media and digital resources in curriculum design, assessing and implementing new tools and platforms as appropriate
- Illustrating and implementing appropriate learning design ideas, including critical issues such as accessibility, privacy, ethics etc
- Utilising Canvas (Learning Management System) tools and functionalities in curriculum development, in line with the Canvas guiding principles
- Providing feedback and direction to the Academic Coordinators on the framework and design approaches
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in learning design and learning technologies
For a copy of the full Position Description please email People@utscollege.edu.au
To succeed in this role you must have:
- A Higher Education degree or equivalent experience relevant to the area of educational design and learning technologies
- Demonstrated experience in high quality learning experience and curriculum design in the Higher Education/Pathway sector
- A deep understanding of learning & teaching pedagogy and the ability to apply this to learning design
- Demonstrated experience in the use of educational technologies including Learning Management Systems (Canvas preferred)
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in an agile environment
- Strong planning, time management and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
What UTS College has to offer
- A flexible work environment (including working from home and from our convenient inner-city campus within walking distance to Central Station)
- A diverse workplace with a passion for encouraging and supporting inclusiveness
- Wellbeing programs (including discounted gym memberships, free and confidential access to an Employee Assistance Program, and wellbeing initiatives and resources)
- A collaborative culture built on our Ethics of Respect, Integrity, Courage, Imagination, Compassion and Honesty
If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
Applications close on Sunday 14 August 2022
For more information about UTS College visit utscollege.edu.au
- Closing Date:
- 14 Aug 2022
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time