Pattern Approval Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
The National Measurement Institute (View other jobs from this organisation)
Pattern Approval Engineer
The National Measurement Institute (NMI), a division within the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science is Australia's peak measurement body responsible for biological, chemical, legal, physical and trade measurement. The Pattern Approval section is looking for motivated individual who is a team player to work with manufacturers and importers of measuring instruments in use for trade.
Our ideal candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- strong analytical skills and an ability to solve complex problems
- strong communication skills and a willingness to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders
- demonstrated understanding of the operation and design of measuring instruments
- the ability to think methodically and to organise own work
- the ability to work cooperatively as part of a small team.
What you will do
The position would involve closely working with other experienced members of a small dynamic team who are at the forefront of technology. This unique opportunity offers career progression and development.
Key responsibilities include:
processing clients’ applications for measuring instrument pattern approval by evaluating the instrument suitability for trade or legal purposes and a wide range of technical documentation including test reports, user manuals and design specifications
- undertaking laboratory and field testing or analysis of a range of measuring instrument functions and operations against documented technical standards and processes
- supporting the section’s business improvement projects, business planning and performance reporting
- preparation and public publishing of legal technical pattern approval documents
- maintaining suitable, accurate and auditable records of assessments and client correspondence
- communicating effectively with clients regarding the progress and results of pattern approval applications
- providing responses to enquiries from potential clients and other stakeholders as required in a timely and professional manner
- supporting cultural and procedural change within the branch.
The successful applicant will have tertiary qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
How to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your application responses, resume and any other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
To apply for this role please visit our careers page - http://careers.pageuppeople.com/771/cw/en/listing/
Please include in your application:
1. an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response to between 300 and 500 words)
2. tell us about three (3) professional achievements within the last 5 years that you are proud of (limit your total response to between 300 and 500 words)
You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Mario Zamora, Mario.firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (02) 84673833
Learn more about the department
The department’s Enterprise Agreement and policies provide for a flexible working environment to assist staff balance their work and home life. Staff and managers work together to balance the operating needs of the work unit with the needs of the individual. Options may include part time working arrangements, working from home or other arrangements as agreed by all parties.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, promotes diversity, embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees and is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining people with disability.
Select the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Apr 2019
- NSW - Ryde
- $71,940 - $76,431
- Work Type:
- Full Time