Group Leader Human and Social Modelling and Analysis - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Defence (View other jobs from this organisation)
Group Leader Human and Social Modelling and Analysis
Executive Level 2 (S&T Level 7)
$141,059 - $158,743 (plus super)
Opportunity to forecast future Defence problems, initiate research and generate new knowledge to produce enhanced Defence capability.
The Group Leader Human and Social Modelling and Analysis will lead a complex area of S&T by providing the vision, guidance, direction and collaboration necessary to ensure that the capability can be most effectively harnessed to deliver agreed outputs to Defence.
They will be responsible for the provision of effective leadership of a group of scientists, engineers and technicians who define the Human and Social Modelling and Analysis Science & Technology Capability (STC).
They will provide effective supervision and create a motivating and collaborative culture to ensure that all the staff can make effective contributions.
The Group Leader will be able to understand client priorities and associated requirements, and transpose these into a well-planned set of S&T activities. In collaboration with other STC and MSTC leaders, they will ensure that the Human and Social Modelling and Analysis STC resources are applied to agreed priority activities. They will demonstrate flexibility to adjust the work plan as circumstances change, able to achieve task milestones, and will be required to report work outcomes to appropriate client representatives on a regular basis.
Under broad guidelines from the Research Leader Intelligence Analytics, the Group Leader will facilitate the creation of cross-STC/MSTC and cross-Divisional teams, and will develop and maintain appropriate external linkages to industry, universities and overseas organisations.
Duties and Key Result Areas:
1. Provision of overall leadership and management of the Human and Social Modelling and Analysis STC that is consistent with DST Group strategic planning and ensures effective delivery of scientific and technology outcomes to the Department of Defence.
2. Make a substantial personal contribution to the achievement of the Human and Social Modelling and Analysis STC research outcomes.
3. Provide effective leadership, management and development of staff within the Human and Social Modelling and Analysis STC which assists staff to deliver high impact solutions.
4. Development and promotion of a strong culture of scientific excellence including learning and development, matched with the setting of appropriate standards for the quality of the work.
5. Provide leadership for all infrastructure which underpins the Human and Social Modelling and Analysis STC, including its sustainment and development to meet current and future Defence needs.
6. Develop and maintain specific internal cross group and external collaborative relationships that are of benefit to the Human and Social Modelling and Analysis STC (international, industry or academic).
7. Undertake one or more other significant duties as agreed by the Research Leader Intelligence Analytics (e.g. lead one or more DST Group tasks, assist with leading a technical benchmarking program or undertake the role of Project S&T Adviser).
Application Closing Date: Monday 12th November 2018.
For further information please review the job information pack, reference DST/02994/18 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
- Closing Date:
- 12 Nov 2018
- SA - Edinburgh
- $141,059 - $158,743 (plus super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Director/Senior Research Management
Human Information Behaviour
Human Technology Interaction
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 2