Manager, Data Management & Linkage
Australian Institute of Family Studies (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager, Data Management & Linkage, Longitudinal and Lifecourse Studies | The Data Linkage and Integration Authority
Executive Level 1
Are you driven by managing data linkage and data management projects? Do you have exceptional stakeholder management skills? This role is for you if you want to:
- Manage complex end-to-end data management activities, including key data governance processes for longitudinal studies.
- Work collaboratively with relevant academic, government, industry and community stakeholders and partners.
- Make a positive difference to the lives of children, families and communities.
The Manager, Data Management and Linkage position will manage the Data Management and Linkage team’s activities in data governance, data management, data linkage and analytical activities. This position will manage data linkage operations and data custodians to efficiently undertake data integration; to provide researchers secure access to linked data; and to assist with the end-to-end data management process.
We are the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS), the Australian Government’s key independent research body and advisor in the area of family wellbeing, based in the Melbourne CBD. We produce research about ‘what works for families’ and make it accessible to decision makers, practitioners and the general public.
The Data Management and Linkage team works across both Longitudinal and Lifecourse Studies (LLS) and the Data Linkage and Integration Authority (DLIA). The team manages all aspects of the data life cycle, adhering to industry best practice. Team members provide expertise in data governance, data management, data linkage and data analytics for the Institute. Team members also provide expertise in data linkage activities for statistical and research purposes, supporting a diverse range of internal and external clients.
To be successful
The role requires someone with:
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end data management activities, including complex survey data manipulation, data cleaning, preparation of final datasets and production of associated documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding methodology processes for data linkage including data integration; data validation; metadata and data standard support; and expert data curation support.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including experience in the development and production of plain language written materials and an ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience in managing research teams and projects.
We will offer the Manager, Data Management & Linkage position on a non-ongoing basis for an initial term of up to 18 months with the possibility of extension to a maximum term of three years, on a full-time basis. The position is at Executive Level 1 with a salary range of $99,133 to $109,475 per annum.
Working at AIFS
We provide a family-friendly and flexible workplace that supports the wellbeing and professional development of our diverse workforce. Benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Workplace health and wellbeing activities such as yoga, mindfulness, wellbeing sessions, flu vaccinations and a health promotion allowance
- Free and confidential counselling service for employees and dependents
- 15.4% employer contribution to superannuation
- Discounted annual Myki card
- Christmas closedown period with no deduction from leave credits
Our salaries and conditions of employment are set out in our Enterprise Agreement.
How to apply for this job
For how to apply and to download a Position Description:
Applications close at 5:00pm, Monday 28 September 2020
Email your AIFS Application form, CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
For further information, contact Human Resources on (03) 9214 7888.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people of all ages and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Sep 2020
- VIC - Melbourne
- $99,133 to $109,475 per annum
- Work Type:
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 1