Senior Research Fellow, Knowledge Translation and Impact - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Institute of Family Studies (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Research Fellow, Knowledge Translation and Impact
Are you highly skilled at synthesising and translating evidence for positive policy and practice outcomes? Do you have exceptional leadership and project management skills to accomplish research projects? Are you experienced at managing relationships with project collaborators and key stakeholders?
The Knowledge Translation and Impact team at the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS) are seeking a driven Senior Research Fellow with a track record in managing dynamic research teams. The Senior Research Fellow will initiate and manage projects that define best practice in increasing Australian children’s mental health and wellbeing.
We are the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS), the Australian Government’s key independent research body and advisor in the area of family wellbeing, based in the Melbourne CBD. We produce research about ‘what works for families’ and make it accessible to decision makers, practitioners and the general public.
The Knowledge Translation and Impact (KTI) team at AIFS synthesises and translates evidence for decision making about what works for families to improve policy and practice.
The KTI team is contributing to the implementation and evaluation of the Emerging Minds project, a National Workforce Centre for Child Mental Health. Emerging Minds is responsible for delivering information, training and resources for professionals and services to develop knowledge, skills and practice that helps to improve the mental health of infants and children. The activities of the project are focused on building the capacity of professionals to identify, assess and support children and families at risk of child mental health problems.
Requirements to be successful
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of researchers and build strong business relationships both internally and externally.
- Expertise in evidence synthesis and knowledge translation activities.
- Demonstrated track record in managing large projects including budget management experience.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor and guide team members to enhance internal capabilities and ensure established objectives are achieved and plans are delivered.
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience in an appropriate social or behavioural science discipline.
We will offer the Senior Research Fellow, Knowledge Translation and Impact position on a non-ongoing basis for 12 months (with the possibility of extension to a maximum term of three years) on a full-time or part-time basis (0.8 FTE minimum). The position is at EL2 with a salary range of $118,535 to $138,964 per annum (full-time equivalent) plus superannuation.
Working at AIFS
We provide a family-friendly and flexible workplace that supports the wellbeing and professional development of our diverse workforce. Benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Workplace health and wellbeing activities such as yoga, mindfulness, wellbeing sessions, flu vaccinations and a health promotion allowance
- Free and confidential counselling service for employees and dependents
- 15.4% employer contribution to superannuation
- Discounted annual Myki card
- Christmas closedown period with no deduction from leave credits.
Our salaries and conditions of employment are set out in our Enterprise Agreement.
Applications close: June 15, 2020
- Closing Date:
- 15 Jun 2020
- VIC - Melbourne
- $118,535 to $138,964 per annum (full-time equivalent) plus superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 2