Forecasting Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- $101,576 plus 15% superannuation
- Ongoing, full-time
- Greenway location with free parking
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so Evoenergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Our Strategy and Operations Group are looking for a dedicated and collaborative Forecasting Analyst who can work with various data sources to solve challenging problems and provide new insights into the management of Evoenergy’s electrical infrastructure.
In this role, you will analyse data and build models to discover new opportunities to improve asset management strategies, and to meet regulatory reporting obligations.
A day in the life:
- Develop and maintain medium and long-term demand forecasts for network planning and National Electricity Market purposes
- Use statistical software at an advanced level to build models
- Establish network models, conduct scenario analysis, and share findings with others
- Identify potential constraints in the electrical network
- Conduct economic studies on the future energy needs of the ACT
- Model asset reliability and construct life-tables / survival functions for different classes of assets.
- With your continuous improvement mindset, identify improvement opportunities and prepare proposals for new initiatives.
- Negotiate with regulatory bodies and other stakeholders
- You have tertiary qualifications in Statistics, Actuarial Studies, Mathematics or Data Science
- Experience using R or a similar statistical software package
- Ability to solve technical problems in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working in the electricity distribution industry is an advantage
- You have exceptional communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence at all levels
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
Our application process
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal, submit your resume and cover letter outlining the skills, experience and capabilities you possess.
If you have questions about the role, you can contact Joe Craddy on (02) 6293 5122
Applications will close on 22 January 2020.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Jan 2020
- ACT - Greenway
- $101,576 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time