- Strategic and Innovative Leadership role
- Work in a high performing and collaborative environment
- Attractive remuneration and benefits including re-location support
- Fixed Term (up to 5 years), Full Time
- Senior remuneration package in the range of $199,075 - $245,094 pa
- Wagga Wagga or Bathurst
You will support the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching), with respect to learning and teaching excellence, academic quality and innovation, and oversight of planning and performance. The Deputy PVC will also have a role in ensuring the operational management of the Division supports strategic plans. The Deputy PVC will represent and promote the Division both within and outside the University and deputise for the PVC as required. Supporting the PVC, the Deputy PVC will manage academic and professional staff to deliver University initiatives and strategies in partnership with the faculties, and in doing so will assist in creating an engaging and inclusive work environment.
To be successful you will have:
- A thorough understanding of contemporary approaches to academic program design, delivery, and evaluation, academic governance and quality assurance, including the embedding of high-quality digital learning in program delivery
- Comprehensive knowledge of the tertiary education sector, including the political and policy landscape, University governance, academic and administrative processes, equity principles and education for sustainability.
- Demonstrated experience in a senior leadership role providing strategic direction in Student Learning, including on-line learning, and education technologies
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) is responsible for the operation of the Faculties and the learning support services at the University including the Division of Learning and Teaching and the Division of Library Services. This includes responsibility for the Universitys course profile and, with Academic Senate, course and learning and teaching quality. The Provost is also a member of the Vice-Chancellors Leadership Team.
The Office of the Provost provides high level executive and administrative support to the Provost and the academic portfolio.
The Division of Learning and Teaching comprises teams of academic and professional staff who work with Schools and Faculties to design curricula, develop effective online resources, monitor quality through a suite of evaluation and reporting services, offer professional learning programs for academic staff, as well as create and maintain central technology-supported learning and teaching environments.
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Professor Janelle Wheat | Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching) | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 02 6933 2568
Closing Date: 11pm, Sunday 7 October 2019