- Exciting opportunities in growing Faculty
- Significant leadership and strategic planning
- Accountability across the whole of Faculty of Science
- Fixed Term (up to 5 years), Full Time
- Total Remuneration in the range of $197,136 to $242,032
- Wagga Wagga
You will play a key role within the faculty leadership team, supporting the Executive Dean in the provision of leadership for the Faculty and the oversight of planning, performance and quality management. You will also have a significant role in ensuring the operational management of the Faculty supports strategic plans. As Deputy Dean, you will represent and promote the Faculty both within and outside the University and deputise for the Executive Dean as required. In conjunction with the Executive Dean you will provide leadership of academic and professional staff to support University and Faculty initiatives and strategies, and in doing so will assist in creating an engaging and inclusive work environment.
To be successful you will have:
- Doctoral Qualification, relevant experience aligned with academic and research focus of the Faculty of Science and background in the field of Agriculture and/or Animal Health preferred
- A record of academic achievement including research experience of national and/or international standing
- Significant experience in leadership and management including developing research productivity, achieving quality learning and teaching outcomes and managing change and strategic planning
- Comprehensive knowledge of the tertiary education sector
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Faculty of Science delivers flexible, innovative teaching programs which provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to build a career, advance their profession and contribute to their community. We currently have more than 9000 students and over 500 staff dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge.
We are a leader in strategic and applied research in a wide array of sciences. We enhance and extend knowledge, train and educate future researchers and provide scientific solutions to current challenges. We achieve this through ethical practice, professional collaborations, industry involvement and a commitment to continual improvement.
We also provide a range of health and other services to our regional communities through our enterprise activities.
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents, or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Professor Lyn Angel | Executive Dean, Faculty of Science | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 02 6933 2510
Applications close: 11 pm, 12 November 2018