The Garvan Institute of Medical Research is one of Australia's leading medical research institutes, with over 600 scientists, students and support staff. We pioneer study into the most widespread diseases affecting our community today, including cancer, neurodegenerative and mental diseases, disorders of the immune system, diabetes and obesity, osteoporosis and other skeletal disorders.
We are currently seeking a qualified Mechanical Air Conditioning Technician to join our Operations Team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Air Conditioning Technician will have a variety of responsibilities including site facilities support and preventative maintenance at the Garvan and Kinghorn buildings.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Identifying and reporting all maintenance, remedial works, upgrades, modifications or deficiencies to management
- Maintaining costs to a minimum, while ensuring an efficient and compliant service
- Attending to service calls to air conditioning and refrigeration problems
- Participating in the on-call roster for the Operations department
- Assisting engineering personnel in general building maintenance tasks
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours for incidents/events
- Operate the computerised Building Management and Control System (BMCS)
- Ensure compliance is met regarding Work Health and Safety (WHS) and Environmental policies
The successful candidate will hold the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- NSW Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Licence
- Full Refrigerant Handling Licence ARCTICK
- A minimum of two years' post-trade experience
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and as part of a dynamic team
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- A high attention to detail and ability to carry out high quality work consistently
- Competent in Microsoft Office products
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers site via the link below. Applications from other sites/channels will unfortunately not be considered.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- Your resume including referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
Only applicants with full working rights in Australia are eligible to apply for this role.
As we will be reviewing applications as they are received, we encourage you to submit yours as soon as possible.