Lecturer in Dementia - [Archived Advertisement]
University of Tasmania (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Two full time ongoing positions available
- Based in Hobart City
- Contribute to world-class education and research of global importance
The Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre (Wicking Centre) is at the forefront of translational research relevant to people with dementia and their carers. The Wicking Centre are leaders in dementia research and education, focused on Care, Cause and Prevention.
Reporting to the Director of the Wicking Centre, you will play a key role in the development of, and teaching into, primarily online educational programs of the Wicking Centre and unit administration duties. Teaching may include undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as online courses. This position will be aligned with an academic research background related to fields in the care, cause or prevention of dementia. Candidates with backgrounds in psychology, nursing, allied health, aged care or social sciences are encouraged to apply.
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research, which aligns to the Wicking Centre’s dementia research program, of national and increasingly of international standing.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate (and if relevant postgraduate) coursework teaching of a high quality, primarily in an online environment.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- A good record of, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national recognition and made worthwhile contributions to the field of dementia/neuroscience.
- Experience in University-level teaching and learning, as well as online education delivery.
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry (where relevant) and wider community.
- The ability to work collaboratively, fostering team and cross discipline environments that align with value-based behaviours and promote a positive workplace culture.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $130,572 comprising base salary within the range of $93,711 to $111,600 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor James Vickers, Director Wicking Education & Research Centre, James.Vickers@utas.edu.au or 6226 4239.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 18 February 2019, 11.55pm
- Closing Date:
- 18 Feb 2019
- TAS - Hobart
- Work Type:
- Full Time