Administrative Assistant - Molecular Epidemiology - [Archived Advertisement]
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health is a medical research institute specialising in the brain and mind and is one of the world’s top 10 brain research centres. We employ exceptionally talented people who work to solve the greatest brain and mind challenges of our era. Our staff and students are the bedrock of our research and success, and we strive for excellence by fostering partnerships and empowering people. At the Florey our mission-driven culture enables our people to collaborate, thrive, learn, make ground breaking discoveries and advance humanity through brain and mind science.
About the role:
An excellent opportunity is available for a highly motivated individual to join an outstanding team of scientists and work within the Neuroepidemiology Team at our Parkville facility. The role will primarily be responsible for:
- Reporting to the chief investigator, Professor Anne-Louise Ponsonby with multiple tasks, working both as part of a team and independently.
- Support the Neuroepidemiology team and various working groups in achieving deliverables, including organisation, agendas, and minutes for meetings.
- Contribute to project reports, and to grant proposals and publications as appropriate.
- Draft and contribute to scientific materials, including literature reviews, ethics, grant submissions, protocols, documents, and information sheets.
- Participate in team meetings and working groups and interact with group members.
- Undertake general administration duties, supporting the Neuroepidemiology team.
Detailed information and key responsibilities are available from the Position Description.
This position is fixed-term, part time (0.4 FTE or 2 days per week, preferably on Thursdays and Fridays) until 25 April 2023 and is based at our Parkville office. This role attracts an annual salary based upon Higher Education Worker 3-2 (HEW3-2) $22,230 (ro-rata) plus Superannuation.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed in the Position Description should submit their resume together with a cover letter no later than 5pm (AEST) on Thursday 19 May 2022.
The successful candidate will have:
- High quality tertiary qualification in a relevant area (or one in progress) or related discipline.
- An appropriate level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training, or professional accreditation.
- Highly organised with time management and multitasking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Communicate highly effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to establish warm, constructive working relationships with co-workers.
- Excellent and succinct writing skills.
- Ability to work independently, while also working constructively with supervisor and other team members.
Experience in the following is desirable:
- Familiarity with the REDCap data capture and storage software.
- Advanced use of Excel.
- Use of Endnote referencing software.
What we offer:
Working at the Florey offers you the chance to work with a dedicated group of researchers within a culture that focuses on equity, diversity and collaboration. Other benefits include:
- Generous salary packaging to maximise your benefits
- Up to 17% superannuation (criteria apply)
- Wellbeing initiatives including flexible working opportunities and access to our employee assistance program
All final applicants for this position may be asked to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or to consent to a criminal record check.
- Closing Date:
- 19 May 2022
- VIC - Parkville
- Work Type: