Research Ethics Administrator
University of Technology Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by the Times Higher Education as Australia’s top young university, and located centrally in one of the world’s most liveable cities. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow, and endeavours to undertake excellent research that delivers global impact.
About the Research Office
The Research Office is a central unit within the portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and supports research activities across UTS in partnership with the faculty research offices and other support units, including identifying and accessing research funding, contracts, ethics, post-award, IP management and commercialisation and research data intelligence. To constantly improve how we support our researchers, the Research Office is adopting a new operational team structure.
The Research Office is seeking to recruit a Research Ethics Administrator (REA) to join the team.
About the role
The Research Ethics Administrator (REA) is responsible for the provision of a wide range of research ethics administration support and office wide administrative duties. The successful candidate in this role provides support to the Research Ethics Team, Research Ethics Manager, Chairpersons and members of the University's ethics and biosafety committees, and staff and students.
- Respond to enquiries and information requests from the UTS research community in person, on the telephone or via email.
- Facilitate communication with researchers regarding the requirements for, and outcomes of their applications.
- Work directly with staff and students to provide advice on applications prior to submission (advice ranging from simple administrative to legislative and ethical considerations) and seek advice from the Senior Research Ethics Officer and Research Ethics Manager in relation to more complex and sensitive matters.
- Assist with organisation of training materials, seminars, and schedules.
- Assist the Research Ethics Team to ensure compliance with a number of regulatory organisations
To be successful in securing the role you will have:
- A high level of accuracy, literacy, numeracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritise and carry out a diverse range of competing tasks to a high standard.
- Capacity to develop familiarity with current legislation, standards and codes of practice relating to human research ethics, animal welfare and biosafety, and their implications for the conduct of research in a university environment.
- Prior experience acting in the Secretariat of an institutional human, animal ethics or biosafety committee would be an advantage.
- Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent administrative experience.
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please click the apply link and download the Position Description from the UTS website.
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $69,663 to $79,695 pa (HEW 5)
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis.
How To Apply
Please visit the UTS website to apply for this role. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC132783.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Monday 3rd of June 2019 at 11.59pm(AEST)
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia
Please note: If you have a disability that requires adjustment to the recruitment process or an alternative application pathway please contact email@example.com for assistance
At UTS, the concepts of equity and social justice are key to our core and purpose – we are recognised widely as supporting inclusivity and valuing diversity through our Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy, Social Impact Framework and UTS Access and Inclusion Plan.
Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, we are now among the first Australian institutions to receive the Athena SWAN Bronze Accreditation for our commitment to action addressing gender equity in the STEMM disciplines.
We welcome applications from women, Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Jun 2019
- NSW - Sydney South
- $69,663 to $79,695 pa (HEW 5)
- Work Type:
- Full Time