Research Engagement Associate - [Archived Advertisement]
University of Technology Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Research and Innovation Office
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow and delivers real impact through our research.
About the role
The Research Engagement team within UTS Research & Innovation Office is recruiting a Research Engagement Associate. The position will support UTS researchers to identify, compete for and successfully execute high quality research projects with funding from a broad range of sources, including industry, Federal, State and Local Government, not-for-profit organisations and other grant-providers, both domestically and internationally.
Great research needs to be appropriately funded and our data shows that UTS research can deliver significant returns to our research sponsors. The Research Engagement team exists to support UTS researchers to win research funding and deliver impact from research.
Day to day you will:
- support UTS researchers to obtain research project funding from government, industry or other sources, by, reviewing, editing and providing feedback on funding applications and proposals.
- coordinate staff, resources and activities directed at winning funding for major research initiatives.
- provide strategic research proposal, budget and pricing advice.
- facilitate strategic meetings with research partners and funders with the aim to secure research funding opportunities.
- assist in the development and implementation of industry engagement strategies and programs and research grant funding strategies and programs.
- Guide and support researchers through UTS systems and processes.
- Work closely with other UTS support units to provide high quality customer service to UTS research staff.
Joining the Research Engagement team will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside a group of passionate, dynamic and knowledgeable individuals in an environment where staff development is a priority. Research Engagement activities continue to grow within UTS and you will find many opportunities and challenges within the team to grow your research engagement career.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a track record in winning research funding from a range of sources and have the capability to effectively coordinate the development of research proposals with a range of internal and external stakeholders. Experience with working on larger bids, for example ARC Centres of Excellence (CoEs) or Co-operative Research Centres (CRCs) would be a distinct advantage. In addition, you will also have:
- demonstrated marketing and business development skills, including market analysis, competitor analysis and positioning.
- demonstrated project planning, project management and organisational skills.
- knowledge of the university funding system in Australia and/or overseas, including grants, major centre funding and industry funding.
- experience with reviewing and drafting research agreements.
- demonstrated ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- demonstrated ability to lead and influence researchers to submit proposals to external funders
- ability to work with researchers across different fields, ranging from engineering, science, IT business, law, social sciences, health and design, architecture and building.
- demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high-intensity work environment including prioritisation skills, an ability to work with people across organisational levels, and personal resilience.
- a passion for bringing research projects into fruition by delivering exceptional service.
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $84,425 to $93,394 pa (HEW 7)
This role attracts 17%superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will initially be on a fixed term full-time basis for twelve (12) months.
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC112771, please review the Position Description and the relevant Selection Criteria - these can be found on our website by clicking on the Apply link. You are required to address the Selection Criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC112771.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Tuesday 7th August 2018 at 11.59pm(AEST)
UTS is committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 07 Aug 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time