Manager, Research Engagement (Hub Team) - [Archived Advertisement]
University of Technology Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager, Research Engagement (Hub Team)
Research and Innovation Office
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Research & Innovation Office seeks a Manager, Research Engagement (Hub Team) to play a key role in developing and implementing strategies to increase research funding for UTS across the spectrum of projects, centres and infrastructure.
The Manager, Research Engagement (Hub Team) role include the following responsibilities:
- Initiate and lead the development and implementation of industry engagement strategies and programs that significantly increases the active engagement of businesses, government and community groups in developing and funding collaborative and contract research projects
- Initiate and lead the development and implementation of effective competitive research grant funding strategies and programs that significantly improve the volume of high quality project, fellowship, centre and infrastructure applications by UTS researchers
- Work with identified researchers and centres on specific funding opportunities or competitive schemes to support potentially successful applicants to submit high quality proposals, review draft applications and provide strategic and editorial feedback to enhance the competitiveness of the proposal
- Supervise the Research Engagement Associate positions within the Hub Team.
To be successful in securing this position you will have:
- broad knowledge of the University funding system in Australia and overseas, including competitive grants, major Centre funding, industry funding and commercialisation
- the ability to understand at a high level, the depth and breadth of the University to represent its current capabilities and is also able to see the potential for future opportunities and to lead partners and academics/units to work together to achieve this potential
- the ability to work in a dynamic environment, learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
- the ability to work on multiple opportunities with demanding deadlines
- experience managing a team
- exposure to research funding processes (including applications and management) at a research institution
- exposure to intellectual property management and to reviewing and drafting legal contracts and agreements
- project management training and/or experience and experience with licensing and/or contract research agreements.
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $112,471 to $117,825 pa (HEW 9)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a fixed term basis for 2 years.
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC96118, please review the Position Description and the relevant selection criteria. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC96118.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: 19th June, 2017 at 11.59pm(AEST)
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Jun 2017
- NSW - Broadway
- $112,471 to $117,825
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Business Development Manager
Director/Senior Research Management