- Work hand in hand with cancer screening programs to design and implement integrated evaluation
- Be a key part of a well-known reputable not for profit organisation
- Full time fixed term position for 3 years – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people. Within the Behavioural Science Division, the Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer (CBRC) conducts high quality applied behavioural research and evaluation to inform and influence cancer control policies, programs and services. Under the leadership of Professor Melanie Wakefield AO, the Centre has an international reputation as a key provider of cancer prevention evidence, with active programs of research underway in tobacco control, skin cancer prevention, obesity prevention, alcohol harm reduction and cancer screening.
We are seeking an Evaluation Coordinator to join CBRC, focussed on leading the evaluation of Cancer Council Victoria’s cancer screening, early detection and immunisation (SEDI) projects. Reporting to the Research and Evaluation Manager, your role is to:
- Work closely with the SEDI project team in CCV’s Prevention Division
- Build a partnership approach to working with program funders and community agencies in the development of project methodology
- Design and implement evaluation plans including survey development, conducting interviews, data analysis and report writing to determine program impact and support ongoing program development.
- Establish and maintain effective feedback mechanisms to enable learnings to be implemented in future program development
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A degree in social sciences, psychology, social work, public health, community development or a related discipline AND substantial experience in program evaluation.
- Sound understanding of community development, and evaluation approaches appropriate for use in the community sector
- Experience in action research and in developing evaluation plans and program logic models
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills
What we can offer you
This is a full-time fixed term position until June 2022 providing a salary within the range $75,000 to $90,000 commensurate with experience, plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunitiesto download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Kerryann Lotfi-Jam, Research and Evaluation Manager, at email@example.com
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday 30 June 2019