- Coordinate a major national research project monitoring student tobacco, alcohol and illicit drug use
- Drive data collection, analysis and reporting for this long-standing research study
- Full time fixed term position for 3 years – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people. Within the Behavioural Science Division, the Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer (CBRC) conducts high quality applied behavioural research and evaluation to inform and influence cancer control policies, programs and services. Under the leadership of Professor Melanie Wakefield AO, the Centre has an international reputation as a key provider of cancer prevention evidence, with active programs of research underway in tobacco control, skin cancer prevention, obesity prevention, alcohol harm reduction and cancer screening.
We are seeking a motivated and talented Senior Research Officer to join our acclaimed research Centre. Working closely with a project team which includes senior researchers and the Centre’s Director, you will coordinate the conduct of the 2020 national survey and its Victorian component, being the primary liaison point for stakeholders including state-based study coordinators, contracted service providers and government representatives. You will report survey results to national and state funding bodies, conduct and supervise statistical analyses, and write reports and peer-reviewed journal papers.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in managing and coordinating research studies, including ability to prioritise and efficiently achieve tasks in agreed timeframes.
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate relationships with others.
- Ability and experience in conducting and correctly interpreting univariable and multivariable data analysis, and excellent writing skills
- Ability and motivation to work both independently with minimal supervision and contribute to a team
- A Bachelor of Arts, Behavioural Science or Science (Honours), or an equivalent tertiary degree and at least five years’ experience in a research related environment
What we can offer you
This is a full-time fixed term position for 3 years providing a salary within the range $75,000 to $90,000 plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card.
We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers to download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Dr Nicola Guerin, Research Fellow, at email@example.com
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday 2 June 2019