Team Leader Water Quality - [Archived Advertisement]
Douglas Shire Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Team Leader Water Quality
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
Our organisation offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Primary objective of the position
- Primary function is to maintain process operations at the Mossman, Whyanbeel and Daintree Plants as well as overseeing operations at all bulk reservoirs and pumping stations.
- The core objective is to comply with the established parameters of the Drinking Water Quality Management Plan (DWQMP) and to implement process improvements designed to provide cost saving efficiencies while adhering to water quality standards.
- Target on-going improvements in the aesthetic appearance of water treatment plants. Report all incidents of non-compliance of licence parameters to the Manager Water & Wastewater / Coordinator Water & Wastewater.
To be successful in this role you must have
- Current Certificate III in Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations with a technical background and experience in advanced treatment process operations.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as water treatment operator.
- Sound working knowledge of environmental licenses, Environmental Management Plans, relevant acts, regulations and Council Policies.
- Advanced mathematical and chemistry skills.
- Physical well being to receive training and accreditation for entry into confined spaces.
- A practical “hands on” approach to resolution of problems.
- Advanced computer skills particularly with databases, maintenance management software and Microsoft software.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand water reticulation, mechanical and electrical plans/drawings.
- Ability to plan and implement capital projects.
- Sound knowledge of telemetry/SCADA operating system.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in managing work teams.
Applications Close: Friday 9 October 2020
To apply please visit our website: www.douglas.qld.gov.au for an Information Kit
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Oct 2020
- QLD - Mossman
- Work Type:
- Full Time