Job No. 565093
Faculty / Portfolio: Faculty of Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Three year fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $92,074 - $109,339 pa Level B /
$112,789 - $130,054 pa Level C
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Leading international university
- Innovative and creative environment
- Undertake research in China
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
A total of four positions as Lecturer (Level B) and/or Senior Lecturer (Level C) are available in the Department of Civil Engineering. Two positions are for Water Engineering and two positions are for Geomechanics.
The Lecturer and/or the Senior Lecturer will be required to teach postgraduate units in water resources engineering or geotechnical engineering as part of the Masters of Civil Engineering (Water Management, Geomechanics) offered in conjunction with Southeast University at the Monash University’s Suzhou campus in China.
They will spend approximately 6 months of the year in Suzhou campus and undertake research activity in the areas of water resources engineering or geotechnical engineering, possibly aligned with the existing research strengths of the Water Group or the Geomechanics Group.
The successful applicants will have:
- a research doctorate in civil or environmental engineering in the field of water engineering or geotechnical engineering
- an established record of outstanding research in the related areas of water engineering and water management or geomechanics and geotechnical engineering as evidenced by the publication record
- demonstrated experience in delivering high quality teaching in subjects related to water engineering or geotechnical engineering
- demonstrated ability to earn income through external research granting bodies or professional service.
If you believe you fit the requirements for this role, we welcome your application.
Both positions are expected to be taken up no later than January 2018.
Appointment will be made at a level appropriate to the successful applicant's qualifications, experience and in accordance with classification standards for each level.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please reference which position(s) you are applying for, in your cover letter. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs".
Professor Jayantha Kodikara, Acting Head of Department, +61 3 9905 4963
PD - Lecturer in Geomechanics
PD - Senior Lecturer in Geomechanics
PD - Lecturer in Water Eng
PD - Senior Lecturer in Water Eng
Tuesday 22 August 2017, 11:55pm AEST