PhD Research Awards in Basic Medical Research - [Archived Advertisement]
Children's Medical Research Institute (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Make an important contribution to the health of children through medical research
- Work with one of Australia’s most respected national and independent medical research institutes
- Gain valuable experience in the not-for-profit sector
Why not take control of your own future and be proactive in the choice of research area that excites you. If you’re an outstanding and enthusiastic graduate committed to a career in research then apply now for a CMRI PhD Research Award.
Children’s Medical Research Institute (CMRI) is an award-winning state-of-the-art medical research facility, with over 100 full-time scientists dedicated to researching the genes and proteins important for health and human development. CMRI is supported in part by its key fundraiser Jeans for Genes®. Our scientists are internationally recognised research leaders and foster excellence in postgraduate training. CMRI graduates are highly sought after nationally and internationally.
CMRI is located at Westmead, a major hub for research and medicine in NSW, and is affiliated with the University of Sydney. We are easy to access by public transport.
Successful applicants will be awarded a Research Award, consisting of a generous top-up over the value of a university Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship, for 4 years. Successful applicants will also be expected to apply for external scholarships with support from CMRI research leaders.
Projects are multi-disciplinary with training in molecular and cellular biology techniques, with some involving mass spectrometry, proteomics, bioinformatics, transgenic animals or live cell imaging.
Areas of CMRI research strength:
- Developmental biology and genetic disease
- Gene therapy
For more details about projects, supervisors and CMRI, visit the CMRI website:
A list of current PhD projects available can be found at the following URL:
Applicants must hold:
- a relevant Bachelor’s degree with first or second class Honours, OR
- a research Master’s degree, OR
- at least 6 months of supervised research training.
- Applicants must be available to start a full-time PhD at CMRI within 6 months.
- International students are eligible to apply, but the CMRI award does not cover university tuition fees. For students currently outside Australia, commencement of the PhD will also be delayed until Australia's international borders re-open.
Your application (quoting PV2025) should include:
- A completed application form, available from
- A copy of academic transcripts showing subjects and grades. Applications will not be considered in the absence of academic transcripts.
- Evidence of Australian or New Zealand citizenship, or Australian permanent residency if applicable.
Application form should be send as a single PDF file by email to email@example.com
- Closing Date:
- 30 Sep 2020
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time