Data Modeler - [Archived Advertisement]
Hearing Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Hearing Australia has an exciting fixed term employment opportunity for an experienced Data Modelor. The role will be full time with the project time frame expected to conclude in July/ August 2021.
You will be working in a fast paced environment with a strong emphasis on results and driving best practice solutions.
The primary purpose of the Data Modeler is to bring leadership, technology innovations and ideas to solve business problems and resolve business issues related to the BD/BI function and to Execute the Data & Analytics Information Plan that ensure the delivery of the Hearing Australia IT Strategy.
The scope is technical, functional and process driven, relating to the Production Environment systems and information. Scope of Production evironment is applications, databases and middleware.
Key responsibility areas
- Translate business requirements into an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) architecture, design and develop ETL and validate results with business representatives
- Support and enhance implemented BI solutions by; monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues
- Implement new business intelligence solutions and modify or configure existing deployed solutions
- Seek continuously and proactively to improve Business Intelligence services
- Maintain procedural and systems documentation for activities within the scope of this role
- Ensure the ongoing availability, reliability and performance of BI systems and operations to support business needs to agreed Service Levels.
- Actively and positively lead in project planning and execution activities pertaining to BI
- Develop and maintain automated test routines
- Provide strong BI 2nd / 3rd line support
- Actively share knowledge and experience with fellow team members
- Anticipates business client’s needs and proposes alternative business solutions.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role with a focus on EDW/Big Data projects.
- Extensive experience with Big Data / Business Intelligence, in design and implementation of solution, plus software and projects, sourced services, and program/project management
- Extensive experience with data analytics software, ideally SAP BODS, PowerBI and Business Objects
- Expert knowledge in Data Mining and Data Auditing
- Experience in Machine Learning technologies and techniques Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience including Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Data Modelling techniques
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Experience in a highly business-engaged environment.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, the Health sector.
Why work for Hearing Australia?
At Hearing Australia, our essence and purpose is to be caring and to have a positive impact. Everything we do reflects these values out in the community and with our hearing centres across the country. A career with us is rewarding because you are helping to positively impact people’s lives and improve Australia’s hearing health.
Visit www.hearing.com.au to discover more!
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence