Senior Research Contracts Officer
- Provide support for the management of all aspects of ACU research contracts
- Utilise your extensive experience in drafting and managing research contracts
- Full time, continuing role based in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) portfolio, headed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), is responsible for the University’s research strategy framework, policies, governance, organisational reporting and committees, with research activity undertaken at the local level through the Faculties, Research Institutes and individual staff performance.
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research, collaborates with the Faculties and Research Institutes in implementing the strategic research direction of the University.
As Senior Research Contracts Officer you will:
- draft contractual clauses and agreements in order to meet the needs of each research project
- identify, minimise and remove potential risks from contractual conditions
- communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders from each aspect of a contract
- ensure the compliance with applicable policies, procedures and guidelines
- oversee and coordinate the maintenance contractual records and documentation
- supervise professional staff as required, contribute to the training of professional and academic staff in relation to research contracts and associated processes.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
- the completion of a relevant postgraduate qualification and extensive relevant experience
- the ability to identify and mitigate risks and manage through the development of compliant financial, commercial, legal and research grants contracts and agreements
- high-level oral and written communication skills, and excellent skills in negotiating with and influencing a range of stakeholders
- the ability to prioritise projects and manage conflicting deadlines with a high pressure, demanding workload.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD -Senior Research Contracts Manager.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $102,058 - $114,102 pa, including salary component $93,417 - $104,441 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 8) employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed Dr Lihong Kong, Manager, Research Contracts Manager on (02) 9739 2105
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 6 August 2017
- Closing Date:
- 06 Aug 2017
- NSW - North Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time