- Part-time (60.8 fortnightly hours) fixed term contract ending 5 February 2021
- $60,000 per annum pro rata + Super + Generous Salary Packaging Benefits that can increase your take home pay
- Located in Adelaide CBD
Does counselling work? How?
Relationships Australia SA (RASA) is a dynamic community services organisation that delivers a broad range of programs and services. The RASA Information and Data Management team have a fantastic opportunity for a Research Officer (National Research Project – FARS Outcomes) to to take on a wide, interesting and rewarding role. This role is part of a Research and Evaluation team who perform research that looks at the effectiveness of RASA’s service delivery, screening and evaluation tools (e.g. DOORS, PACES, Kessler K10) and RASA training programs.
The Research Officer (National Research Project – FARS Outcomes) will, in conjunction with the Project Manager (National Research Project – FARS Outcomes), spearhead an exciting new project to develop and trial a common method for measuring client benefit in counselling, that can be routinely used across all Relationships Australia States and Territories. We want your great communication and analytical skills to shine as you consult with key stakeholders across the Relationships Australia Family and Relationships Services (FARS) and review FARS programs nationally. Next steps will see you setting up a highly compelling methodology to show FARS results for individuals and families. Working with clients and practitioners you will then have the opportunity to pilot test the methodology and show the methodology is useful and practical on the ground.
- Undergraduate degree (AQF level 7) (or current enrolment in such) in psychology, statistics or similar course with a significant statistical and research component.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation activities.
- Experience in data stewardship including safe handling of data from surveys.
- A DHS Working with Children Check is essential and employment is not able to commence without a current clearance.
- Experience in journal article writing and report writing, or readiness to contribute to writing.
- Experience of administration in a counselling or mediation environment in the community services industry.
How Salary Packaging can increase your take home pay:
Salary packing is an entitlement granted by the Federal Government to workers in approved non-government and health organisations. Also known as Salary Sacrifice, Salary Packaging can increase your take home salary by creating tax free earnings. In effect, $15,899 of your wage can be paid tax free in each fringe benefit tax year. This 'tax free' amount is in addition to the tax-free threshold of $18,200 for income. Follow the link to the Salary Packaging Fact Sheet to find out more.
Enquiries: Any enquiries can be addressed to Julian Flint on 08 8216 5231.
Closing Date: 9:00am, Monday 28 October 2019
Relationships Australia South Australia is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity Employer.