Support Services Manager - Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex - [Archived Advertisement]
Support Services Manager - Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- As a member of the Management team, deliver support on strategic, site and facilities issues
- Liaise with customers and stakeholders at both operational and executive levels
- Join our friendly team at the CDSCC in supporting vital spacecraft tracking and radio astronomy activity
The Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC) supports ground-based spacecraft telecommunications as part of the international National Aeronautic Space Administration (NASA) Deep Space Network (DSN). The CDSCC is operated by CSIRO on behalf of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
As the Support Services Manager, you will lead a small team to manage, oversee and optimise contracts for the delivery of services to the JPL contract and general operation of the CDSCC facility. Partnering with the CSIRO Enterprise Services functions and as a member of the CDSCC Management team, you will deliver efficient and progressive support on strategic, site and facilities matters. You will execute operational and strategic planning processes; identifying and resolving issues, and recognising opportunities for improvement.
In this role you will:
- Manage a small team of staff to deliver on the administrative, financial, procurement, and logistics/inventory services.
- Support the Director, CDSCC in delivery of NASA Operational requirements.
- Establish and maintain local policies and procedures that ensure compliance with relevant CSIRO, Australian and our U.S. customers contract, laws and regulations.
- Support the CDSCC Management Team to deliver on all facets of the NASA/JPL contract.
- Coordinate reviews and collect data to report on progress against contract deliverables, strategy and outcomes.
- Coordinate responses for CDSCC to complex or sensitive internal and external requests for information.
- Lead and support complex or sensitive initiatives and projects as required.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement that streamlines and/or automates current practices and reduced waste.
Location: Tidbinbilla, Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC)
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Full-time Position will also be considered as part-time (minimum 0.9 FTE) or 1.0 FTE with a 9-day fortnight
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification (business, finance, contract or project management,) and/or equivalent experience of at least 5 years.
- Experience managing small teams and leading projects.
- Experience in customer contract management for facilities, logistics and/or operations and maintenance management.
- The ability to exercise sound judgement and act on initiative, particularly when under pressure.
- The ability to collaborate widely and provide guidance to managers and staff.
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of analytical, literacy and reporting skills.
To see the full list of criteria for this role, please view the Position Details
- Applications are open to Australian and New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent, and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Sunday 10 July, 2022 (11pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 10 Jul 2022
- NSW - Canberra
- AU$102k - AU$111k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time