Diversity and Inclusion Manager - Space and Astronomy - [Archived Advertisement]
Diversity and Inclusion Manager - Space and Astronomy
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Lead the development and implementation of our diversity and inclusion strategy
- Build on our growing momentum
- Truly flexible role with ‘work from home’, part-time and job-share options available
The CSIRO Space and Astronomy (S&A) Business Unit (BU) acknowledges the importance of diversity and the need to create an inclusive workplace for all.
As S&A’s Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Manager, you will lead the development and implementation of a D&I Strategy for the BU, advise the S&A Executive, provide guidance to managers and staff, and advocate at the corporate level and in external communities. Driving positive change in this newly created role, you will build on our growing momentum and continue the development of S&A’s inclusive culture.
In this role you will:
- Lead the development and implementation of S&A D&I strategy.
- Support the S&A Exec as the D&I subject matter expert and provide specialist advice, training, and risk management.
- Identify and manage support resources, create and manage the D&I budget, and seek external funding sources where appropriate.
- Model inclusive leadership behaviours in the workplace.
- Develop connections and advocate for the best interests of the BU at the corporate level.
- Represent S&A at meetings or conferences (where relevant) and establish relationships with relevant networks, communities and peak bodies.
Location: Kensington (Perth) WA, Marsfield (Sydney) NSW, Tidbinbilla (Canberra) ACT, Parkes (NSW), Narrabri (NSW), Geraldton (WA)
Salary: AU$117k to AU$138k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years Full-time, Part-time or Job-share
To be considered you will need:
- An understanding of D&I principles and practices relating to the creation of an inclusive workforce.
- Change management skills and experience, within a large and complex organisation.
- The ability to work effectively as an integral member and leader of a team and foster an environment in which there is a high level of collaboration.
- A history of effective communication, including strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build ongoing relationships at all levels and across boundaries.
- The ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple competing demands, and the required judgement to escalate issues as appropriate.
To see the full list of criteria for this role, please view the Position Details
Applications are open to:
- Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
- New Zealand Citizens
- Australian temporary residents with the right to work for the expected duration of the term (at least to end of July, 2025), with no requirement for sponsorship.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent, and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Monday 27 June, 2022 (11pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Jun 2022
- AU$117k to AU$138k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time