Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Advisor - Atlas of Living Australia (ALA) - [Archived Advertisement]
Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Advisor - Atlas of Living Australia (ALA)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Utilise your stakeholder engagement and developed communications experience to support Australia’s biodiversity data infrastructure.
- Help support the ALA in delivering its strategic goals, supporting world-class research and decision-making.
- Apply today to join Australia's National Science Agency, CSIRO!
The Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Advisor – Atlas of Living Australia (ALA) uses expertise and relevant domain knowledge to help support the development and delivery of communications and stakeholder engagement activities which are aligned with CSIRO’s Corporate Affairs and ALA strategies.
The ALA is a collaborative, digital, open infrastructure that pulls together Australian biodiversity data from multiple sources, making it accessible and reusable. The ALA, hosted by CSIRO and funded by NCRIS, helps create a more detailed picture of Australia’s biodiversity for scientists, policy makers, environmental planners and land managers, industry and the general public, and enables them to work more efficiently.
As the successful candidate, you will use you well developed stakeholder engagement and developed experience to help deliver a range of activities including writing blogs, fact sheets, media releases, creating digital and social media content, writing web content to support ALA products and services, drafting project communication plans, and undertaking stakeholder mapping to help support the ALA in delivering its strategic goals.
Reporting into the Communication Manager – National Collection and Marine Infrastructure (NCMI), as the Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Advisor you will help the ALA identify and engage stakeholders and communicate about a range of projects which showcase its value in delivering trusted biodiversity data services for Australia, supporting world-class research and decision-making.
Your duties will include:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of integrated communication plans leveraging media relations, digital and social content and marketing communications to build and protect the ALA brand – focusing on ensuring we are relevant, engaging and accessible.
- Lead the establishment and delivery of an ALA stakeholder map and engagement framework, which will allow the ALA to engage key audiences and meet specific external contractual obligations.
- Establish and maintain trusted advisor relationships with the ALA leadership team, project partners, researchers, and other stakeholders to deliver key ALA and CSIRO priorities.
- Develop metrics to track communications and engagement campaigns and then report on outcomes, sharing learnings with the wider team.
- Contribute to the implementation of the ALA communication and engagement strategy, ensuring alignment with CSIRO’s Corporate Affairs strategy.
- Liaise with media to identify and develop compelling stories about ALA projects.
- Engage with the broader ALA Communications team to help support promotion of ALA projects across digital and social media channels.
- Assist the Communication Manager – NCMI with the identification and management of issues, as required.
- Support the Communication Manager and wider NCMI communications team with other BU and program activities, as required.
- Build and maintain team-focused relationships across all areas of the CSIRO Corporate Affairs team, sharing knowledge and working together in pursuit of the development and promotion of best practice communication.
- Promote a strong safety culture through active management of Health, Safety and Environment practices.
Location: Brisbane and Canberra preferred; other capital cities considered.
Salary: AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and relevant experience in communications – PR, marketing, digital, media or journalism.
- Proven experience developing and implementing communication and stakeholder engagement strategies that are aligned to business objectives.
- A history of demonstrated professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- Experience delivering integrated communication plans across traditional media, digital and social media channels.
- Experience in project stakeholder mapping and engagement plan execution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and to show attention to detail and quality focus.
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively and autonomously.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 22 May 2022, 11:00 pm AEST
Please note that we will review applications as they are submitted and in the interest of ensuring an efficient process, we will advance our process prior to the closing date. We reserve the right to close the role earlier than the date listed.
- Closing Date:
- 22 May 2022
- AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: