University Partnerships Manager (Identified Role - Indigenous) - [Archived Advertisement]
University Partnerships Manager (Identified Role - Indigenous)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Would you like to build Indigenous Science research partnerships with universities?
- Build respectful partnerships for Indigenous scientists and students into CSIRO
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
The University Partnerships Manager will be responsible for establishing and managing science and research partnerships within the higher education sector to enhance CSIRO's public image and promote its Indigenous Science and Engagement capabilities. The role will act as a conduit to build and support collaborative Indigenous Science research partnerships with universities and ensure Indigenous Science and Engagement principles are embedded within CSIRO collaboration agreements.
Your duties will include:
- Act as a trusted advisor and conduit for CSIRO’s Indigenous Science and Engagement Program, have a sound understanding of the program’s goals and activities and demonstrate creativity in anticipating their needs and adapt quickly to changes in clients’ needs and market changes.
- Provide strategic advice to relevant stakeholders to lead staff and influence other internal and external partners to achieve the Indigenous Science and Engagement Program goals and promote the team in external forums.
- Influence strategic decisions and aligning the goals with the broader Business Unit goals, and contribute to and influence organisational policy and action.
Location: Negotiable - any CSIRO site across Australia
Salary: AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant work experience in a relevant area such as science, business or Indigenous engagement.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with a demonstrated ability to build resilient working relationships across large organisations, including managing diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to proactively identify, build and develop partnerships and projects with and for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
CSIRO considers the filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity/affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth).
The position is therefore only open to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people with Australian Citizenship. The successful applicant will be required to provide evidence to confirm that they are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person.
The successful applicant will be required to provide contact details of at least one Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Cultural Referee to confirm their ability to work and communication respectfully with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
02 June 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 02 Jun 2022
- AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Business Development Manager