Solution Architect - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
Science Digital Transformation is a CSIRO wide initiative that is empowering our researchers, engineers, and project teams with leading-edge digital technologies, skills and ways of working, to create a better future for Australia. The Reinvent Science program is accelerating discovery and advancing the way we do science using current and future digital technologies – projects within the program are partnerships between our science teams, our digital science unit Data61, and Information Management and Technology (IMT). By joining the program you’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team working to solve a broad spectrum of challenges with innovative digital solutions that combine both current well established technologies (such as high-performance computing, machine learning, cloud, data analysis, modelling and simulation) and emerging or growing digital technologies (such as artificial intelligence, extended reality, digital twins, and robotics), Reinvent Science aims to redefine the tools used for science and allow team CSIRO to tackle currently intractable problems.
- Innovative and collaborative workplace with fantastic flexibility
- Use your skills and experiences as a Solutions Architect to support something truly special
- Join CSIRO and support Australia's premier scientific organisation!
As the Solution Architect – Reinvent Science you will provide leadership and direction for business transformation and oversee critical deliverables, such as business capability models, business capabilities, and value streams to the Reinvent Science Program within the Science Digital Transformation initiative. Your role will also involve blending business objectives into cohesive overarching system designs, communicating technical solutions and designing tradeoffs effectively to business stakeholders, and providing a delivery framework that ensures quality and success.
Your duties will include:
- Facilitating the development of system level designs.
- Delivering system designs including ‘as built’ and target states.
- Working with capability and technology leads to develop sub-system level designs and to develop technology plans
- Deriving and breaking down systems into components, the component interactions and interfaces, and the technologies and resources to be used
- Leading a number of technical working groups.
- Conducting system design activities and reviews of detailed component designs and providing advice on solution design best practice.
Location: Any major CSIRO sites in Australia
Salary: AU$117,917 to AU$138,176 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Proven System/Solution Architect and/or Solution Architecture experience, demonstrating the ability to blend and translate business needs and outcomes to align to system elements thus assuring the people, organisations, information, cyber and application needs are accommodated and directly related to business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and lead technical teams across the following technical considerations:
- Networking technologies
- Identity and Access Management
- Server technologies both physical and virtual
- Application integration technologies
- Storage and data technologies
- Cloud technologies
- Demonstrated experience in development of System and Solution Design documentation
- Background in large technology engineering initiatives including diverse and dispersed data sets, complex business processes
- Proven experience working for a government agency to deliver enterprise scale technology or infrastructure projects.
- Experience producing simple diagrams to convey complex technical problems
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
- Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only
- Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Baseline Level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
29th May 2022, 11:00pm AEST
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 29 May 2022
- AU$117,917 to AU$138,176 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
- Computer Science/ICT