US and Canada Counsellor - [Archived Advertisement]
US and Canada Counsellor
- Do you have experience living and working overseas?
- Can you contribute to CSIRO's strategic relationships, partnerships, and market engagement?
- Don't miss this opportunity to join CSIRO's offshore network in Washington, apply today!
CSIRO’s purpose is to solve the world’s greatest challenges using innovative science and technology. At CSIRO it is an exciting time, with a focus on Australia’s future and cultivating a competitive edge for global engagement.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Global this role is based in the Australian Embassy in Washington. The Counsellor (CSIRO) is responsible for representing and advancing CSIRO’s engagement in-country and across the North American region aligned to the Australian national interest. This role will work in close collaboration with other members of Team Australia at key posts and foster trusted relationships with key in-country government ministries, industry, and research stakeholders.
As part of CSIRO’s offshore network in the North American region, this role is responsible for representing CSIRO and through partnerships build growth opportunities for CSIRO and Australian science and technology in the region.
Your duties will include:
- Working with Australian agencies at key posts, particularly Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources, Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment, Department of Education, Skills, and Employment to develop collaborative approaches which will support targeted market engagement programs to profile CSIRO and its partners’ capabilities.
- Forming and leading indirect teams with stakeholders to build and maintain relationships with in-country Government Agencies to enhance the profile of CSIRO, fulfil objectives that further CSIRO’s interests in-country and Australian science & innovation in Australia’s national interest.
- Leading a team to establish and deepen strategic relationships with multiagency, Government, and philanthropic networks to identify funding sources for CSIRO scientific and/or business opportunities.
- Working with Australian agencies represented in North America develop a collaborative approach to support engagement programs to showcase CSIRO and generate new opportunities for impact and collaboration.
- Management of delegations of regional and regionally located companies to visit CSIRO Australia (physically or virtually).
- Leading a team to create and scale programs and opportunities to gain experience and knowledge from the in-country entrepreneurial ecosystem, profile CSIRO technologies, and attract additional research funding/commercialisation opportunities.
Location: Washington, USA
Salary: AU$141k - AU$157k plus up to 15.4% superannuation plus international allowances and relocation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in either Science and/or Business or equivalent experience coupled with a minimum of ten years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Extensive experience in, and deep knowledge of, Australian Government including CSIRO, with demonstrated achievement in building and sensitively developing and managing relationships on behalf of the Australian Government.
- Experience in navigating through and with large complex organisations and bureaucracies, overcoming barriers and roadblocks to build awareness and strategic engagement. Leveraging these relationships to identify potential opportunities for CSIRO.
- An ability to establish and develop strong stakeholder relationships, utilising influencing skills to gain support for new initiatives both within and outside an organisation, as well as defining and executing successful market entries and building productive long-term partner relationships in the host country market.
- The ability to engage effectively and align with organisations located offshore, building and maintaining strong professional and collaborative working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- History of representing and articulating science, technology, and commercial concepts credibly with exceptional oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and representational skills.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you must be an Australian Citizen either holding a Negative Vetting 2 Australian Government security clearance, or have the ability to obtain and maintain one. Please review the Position Description for further special requirements for this role.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 16 January 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 16 Jan 2022
- International - United States
- AU$141k - AU$157k plus up to 15.4% superannuation plus international allowances and relocation
- Work Type:
Business Development Manager