Electronics Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our?vision towards reconciliation.
- Join a ground-breaking team developing quantum sensing technologies
- World-leading scientific capability in High Temperature Superconducting electronics
- Truly flexible work arrangements! Achieve your work life balance
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit combines multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capability and uses world-class infrastructure to partner with industry in the development of innovative products and processes that allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable.
CSIRO’s Applied Physics Group is a diverse team of scientists, engineers and research staff which develops devices and engineered systems for the benefit industrial partners including in aerospace, space, defence, renewable energy, telecommunications, minerals and mining, and transportation. In particular, quantum devices is an area for significant expansion and we are seeking to fill a number of exciting new roles across the group.
As the Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, construction, programming and documentation of electronic control and support systems for the various CSIRO projects. You will be responsible for the development of electronic modules and circuits for research prototypes, including electronic control and support systems for the various projects including testing and validation, electronic circuit design/layout, construction and testing, programming, documenting and contributing to internal and client reports.
Your duties will include:
- Applying specialist expertise to solve complex problems within a discipline or across a diverse range of projects.
- Responsibility for activities such as developing and delivering novel technologies, developing and implementing project plans, analysing, validating and reporting results within the constraints of various project plans.
- Extending existing scientific knowledge of experimental design via achievements which facilitate the development of new perspectives in a field, or fields of, research and/or technology.
- Addressing ill-defined problems and make critical choices between options that require knowledge of the most recent scientific and/or technological developments or novel methodologies.
- Maintaining an awareness of trends in research, technology and cross-functional technological/scientific innovations to target opportunities for uptake of research or technology.
- Playing a key advisory role in decisions concerning scientific and/or technological direction.
Location: Lindfield, NSW
Salary: AU$117k – AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Hold an electronics engineering degree with minimum 4-year post-qualification experience or equivalent.
- Significant experience with analogue electronics.
- Familiar with inter-chip communication protocols (e.g.: I2C, SPI, etc.)
- Understanding of data logging and graphical data reporting.
- Ability to use schematic capture and PC board layout software (Altium Designer preferred).
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and contribute to identifying innovative solutions.
- Sound judgement in selecting appropriate approaches to solving complex technical problems.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong client focus, and a history of successful relations across a range of stakeholder groups.
- The ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a high-functioning technical team with members from diverse backgrounds.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible for this position in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain Security Clearance at Negative Vetting 2 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
06 March 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
We encourage you to apply early as we will be reviewing applications as they come through. CSIRO reserves the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 06 Mar 2022
- NSW - Lindfield
- AU$117k – AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: