Business Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, in the areas where we live and work across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Endless opportunities to grow & develop your career.
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
CSIRO's Information and Technology (IM&T) business unit is embarking on an ambitious program of work designed to support the organisation’s strategy to 2024. Underpinning the program is a desire for staff to have seamless, secure access to tools, systems and processes that back the delivery of world class science.
As a Business Analyst, you will work on Enterprise-scale projects, service improvement initiatives and lifecycle management work packages. Across a range of analysis activities, you will contribute to workshop facilitation, requirement elicitation, development of user stories, refinement of analysis models, verification of requirements, prioritisation of project deliverables, hosting of product demonstrations and documentation of operation guides. You will grow and develop your capabilities across the architecture model, working closely with project team members as well as with other geographically and technically distributed teams.
Your duties will include:
- Capture and document requirements across a diverse range of initiatives.
- Successfully complete assigned business analysis tasks as specified by due dates.
- Use sound judgement when dealing with unexpected or competing project priorities or issues.
- Contribute actively to all stages of project delivery, from end-to-end.
- Work effectively and autonomously as part of a regionally dispersed team and help promote and stimulate a team approach.
- As a member of a project team, actively contribute to the successful delivery of projects.
Location: Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of approximately 3 years
Residency: Australian Citizens only
To be considered you will need:
- Business analysis experience with a minimum of approximately 3 years in business processes.
- Effective communication and requirements-gathering skills using various techniques with clients and stakeholders.
- The ability to successfully manage several competing project priorities simultaneously.
- A customer-focused approach in formulating project solutions.
- The ability and motivation to proactively seek out solutions under minimal direction.
- The ability to promote a team approach and develop sound working relationships with team colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in IMT you must be an Australian Citizen AND you must have or be able to obtain, and maintain a NV1 security clearance.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
06 December 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 06 Dec 2021
- AU$102k - AU$111k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: