Scientific Computing Specialist - Storage - [Archived Advertisement]
Scientific Computing Specialist - Storage
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, in the areas where we live and work across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Endless opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
The Scientific Computing group within CSIRO’s Information Management & Technology function provides end-to-end infrastructure ranging from generic corporate IT systems through to leading-edge High-Performance data processing tools and platforms. The teams manage over 60PB of data at a compounded annual growth rate of ~75%, and a proportionate computational and network fabric including several Top500 supercomputers, HPC Cloud and a highly versatile and robust corporate hosting platform. Additional services include advanced visualisation, Data Processing, application support, and software delivery. The capability is highly customer focussed and operates closely in partnership with all areas of CSIRO research.
Your duties will include:
- Provide expert technical advice relating to Storage systems that host data and integrated technology services, standards and procedures to team members, management and business owners.
- Design, develop, test and deliver the capabilities across multiple storage infrastructure platforms.
- Automation of processes though scripting.
- Undertake maintenance activities of storage systems including patching and lifecycle management.
- Performing monitoring and alert maintenance from different vendors systems and remediation.
- Diagnosis of operational incidents; root cause analysis and remediations.
Other duties as directed.
Location: All IMT site’s locations Australia wide
Salary: AU$102k to $111k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Education/Qualifications: Tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or other relevant field.
- Experience developing and operating multiple large scale data storage infrastructure (e.g. Hitachi, Pure, Netapp and Data services via S3, NAS – (CIFS/NFS); Fibre channel switching and zoning (e.g., Brocade), NetApp ONTAP and services in an Research context.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, automation, operation and tuning of research infrastructure using Linux solutions.
- Practical knowledge and proficient troubleshooting skills in relation to associated infrastructure technologies. (e.g. I/O performance and monitoring)
- Experience supporting all storage protocols, Block, File and Object in a large-scale environment; in a BAU and design capacity
- Working knowledge of data protection and DR site replication (e.g. NetApp SnapMirror, snapshots)
- Experience configuring and administering hierarchical storage management software such as HPE DMF or NetApp StorageGRID, parallel file systems such as BeeGFS or Lustre and other storage archive technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more vendor supported storage and protection technologies in a large organisation supporting critical services.
- Experience with Ansible and/or PowerShell/bash scripting.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in this role you must be an Australian Citizen
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additionally, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
16th January 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 16 Jan 2022
- AU$102k to $111k pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time