Senior Business Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Business Analyst
- Use your skills and experiences as a Business Analyst to support something truly special.
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
CSIRO's Information and Technology (IM&T) division is embarking on an ambitious portfolio of work designed to support the organisations Science Digital Transformation strategy. Underpinning the portfolio is a desire for staff to have seamless, secure access to tools, systems and processes that back the delivery of world class science.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for providing business analysis and project support assistance to programs operating under the Science Digital Transformation initiative. The role will specialise in understanding IMT’s capabilities and associated programs of work to help solve line of business or research opportunities and problems. Key to the success of this role will be extensive involvement with IMT staff and more broadly CSIRO corporate and research staff.
Your duties will include:
- Develop and write analyses to help IMT management understand and then agree on how to address new and non-standard requests
- Complete assigned business analysis tasks as specified by due dates
- Elicit and document business requirements utilising appropriate techniques and tools
- Facilitate the documentation of solution architecture for current and future IT solutions
- Conduct analysis of business processes and requirements to help develop solutions and options
- Design and facilitate workshops with relevant stakeholders
Location: Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, or Melbourne
Salary: AU$115k - AU$135k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Education/Qualifications: Extensive experience working as a senior level business analyst or experience in a related discipline, coupled with relevant training and/or certification.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex analyses and project support across teams to develop artefacts which assist management in setting priorities and making decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to harness business analysis tools and techniques
- Demonstrated experience in the development and support of solutions developed on enterprise grade platforms.
- Experience in requirements management and analysis and translation and simplification of requirements into key activities
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to principles of Workplace Diversity; Equal Employment Opportunity; Occupational Health, Safety and Environment; and Employee Participation
- Demonstrated experience using Design Thinking Methodology, both participating and running design sprints.
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. If you meet some, but not all requirements, we encourage you to submit your application.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible for this opportunity you must be an Australian Citizen.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5th December 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 05 Dec 2021
- AU$115k - AU$135k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: