Research Scientist - Mineral Processing - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Scientist - Mineral Processing
Acknowledgment of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Apply your minerals processing expertise in a range of interchangeable projects
- Hands on, research-based role with great growth & development opportunities
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s National Science Agency – in an ongoing role!
CSIRO has an exciting, ongoing opportunity for a motivated Research Scientist, with an interest in mineral processing, to bring their diversity of thought, ideas, and lived experiences to our Mineral Resources unit.
As a Research Scientist, your role will initially have a focus on mineral processing activities around battery metals, including nickel, copper and lithium. It will involve planning and preparing research proposals, carrying out lab-based research work, and solving scientific and technical problems through your innovative ideas and approaches. You will also have the opportunity to develop valuable relationships with industry partners, and collaborate with our multidisciplinary team of scientists on CSIRO’s various, large scale projects, and delivering of a science landscape in respectful partnership with Indigenous Australia.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Mineral Research Scientist interested in enhancing their scientific research and leadership capabilities. You will be part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team that work towards creating a commercial impact in Australia’s mineral and metal export industry!
Your duties will include:
- Liaising with clients to determine their needs and taking personal responsibility for client satisfaction.
- Assisting in the planning and preparation of research proposals and carrying out research investigations, requiring originality, creativity and innovation.
- Addressing problems promptly and in a constructive manner, selecting the most profitable lines of solving a problem, and preparing detailed design proposals & experimental protocols.
- Undertaking experimental and/or observational research activities, including supervision & training of others to ensure experiments are established in accordance with research design or as required.
- Presenting results in a meaningful format, preparing reports for clients and/or writing scientific papers for publication.
- Applying professional expertise, knowledge of other disciplines and research experience, to recognise opportunities for innovation and generate new theoretical perspectives through new ideas/approaches and networks.
Location: Waterford, WA (Whadjuk Noongar Country)
Salary: AU$102k – AU$111k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant PhD or master’s degree and/or equivalent work experience in Chemistry, Metallurgy, Mineral Processing or Engineering.
- Ability to maintain health and safety requirements while working in a hazardous environment.
- Experimental proficiency in various hydrometallurgical processing activities.
- Ability to safely work unsupervised with a high level of organisational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
7 November 2021, 11:00pm AEST/ADST
- Closing Date:
- 07 Nov 2021
- WA - Waterford
- AU$102k – AU$111k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time