Graduate Scientist/Engineer - Minerals Processing - [Archived Advertisement]
Graduate Scientist/Engineer - Minerals Processing
Acknowledgment of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Hands-on role with excellent growth & development opportunities
- Innovative and industry-revolutionizing projects within Minerals Processing
- Join CSIRO – Australia's National Science Agency – and start your career!
CSIRO is seeking a motivated Graduate Scientist/Engineer to join our Mineral Resources team in Perth to provide experimental and technical support to project leaders and project teams working across a wide variety of mineral processing projects.
You will join our ‘Precious Metals’ specialist team, within the Hydrometallurgy Group, focussing on unlocking the Australian mineral deposits and enabling the production of battery-grade materials at commercial scale.
This will be a great opportunity for you to grow and develop your career at CSIRO while working alongside our scientists and external industry partners, and delivering a science landscape in respectful partnership with Indigenous Australia. You will learn skills across a variety of areas and have access to world-class facilities. At CSIRO, you will be part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team that work towards creating a commercial impact in Australia’s mineral and metal export industry!
Your duties will include:
- Under technical direction, safely undertaking experiments, laboratory analysis or technology development activities using a range of techniques, often requiring multi-tasking.
- Participating in activity areas such as mineral leaching (atmospheric, pressure), roasting, solution purification (e.g., solvent extraction), filtration, settling, flocculation, etc.
- Interpreting results and assisting with preparation of reports.
- Coordinating, producing and maintaining systems documentation and technical specifications as appropriate.
- Communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, and business unit to carry out tasks
Location: Waterford, WA (Whadjuk Noongar Country)
Salary: AU$66k to AU$84k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent work experience in Chemistry, Metallurgy, Mineral Processing, Metallurgy or Engineering.
- Ability to maintain health and safety requirements while working safely in a hazardous environment.
- Experimental proficiency in hydrometallurgical or related processing activities, e.g., leaching kinetic tests.
- Ability to work both unsupervised and within a team environment, with a high level of organisational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
7 November 2021, 11:00pm AEST/ADST
- Closing Date:
- 07 Nov 2021
- WA - Waterford
- AU$66k to AU$84k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time