Director - CSIRO Education and Outreach - [Archived Advertisement]
Director - CSIRO Education and Outreach
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our?vision towards reconciliation.
- Lead the delivery of national STEM programs to students & teachers
- Foster an innovative and high-performance culture through impactful leadership
- Collaborative environment with incredible flexibility and work conditions
CSIRO strives to stimulate innovation and strengthen Australia’s STEM pipeline through education and outreach programs to enable the organisation’s core vision of creating a better future for Australia. The Director of CSIRO Education and Outreach is instrumental in achieving this objective through leading the team to deliver high impact national STEM programs that help build the STEM pipeline for Australia, reaching thousands of students and teachers each year. To drive success and grow these programs, we require a highly collaborative and well networked leader to lead CSIRO’s engagement with the Australia’s education sector and with key industry, government, and community stakeholders.
Your duties will include:
- Strategic Leadership of the Education & Outreach business – set the strategic direction, secure and manage resources to deliver on strategy whilst managing risks, strategically position CSIRO through the education offering and align education team activity with CSIRO strategy.
- Business and commercial leadership - Manage engagement and commercial relationships with the education sector, government, and industry. Manage the education business – both securing of resources and efficient allocation of resources to deliver value. identify and exploit opportunities of strategic significance, including the development of new business and negotiating complex deals for new and developing programs
- Deliver on commitments through leading and developing a high performing team which is customer focused and aligned to strategy; fostering innovation and a culture where staff can reach their full potential, undertaking coaching, mentoring and development, performance management and issues management; and management of risk including compliance with legal and statutory responsibilities.
- Build collaborative stakeholder networks – engage with internal and external stakeholders to build and maintain extensive networks, position CSIRO’s education offering, secure support and resources to deliver impact.
- Contribute to CSIRO - as a member of CSIRO Services’ Leadership Team, and be able to lead, cross-functional task forces/policy bodies and committees to provide and gain a broader corporate perspective.
Location: Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney or Canberra preferred. Other locations may be considered
Salary: Attractive salary package offered
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated ability provide high level strategic leadership, encompassing innovative strategic planning and implementation, risk management and effective resource management aligned to strategy.
- Proven ability to lead transformational change and create a culture that encourages new ideas, fosters innovative problem solving, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
- Demonstrated commercial skills, business acumen and experience with the management of a multi-million-dollar budget.
- A strong record of leadership and management of high-performance teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain high trust, respected and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines at all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Education, Science or Business.
- Deep knowledge and experience in the education industry, and experience working in a scientific or research organisation is desirable, as is the ability to successfully deliver large-scale programs.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent and will be required to obtain or provide evidence that they hold a working with children check prior to confirmation of appointment.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
7 November 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 07 Nov 2021
- Attractive salary package offered
- Work Type:
Director/Senior Research Management