Nutrition Systems Scientist - [Archived Advertisement]
Nutrition Systems Scientist
- Provide leadership integrating nutrition in agriculture and food systems research
- Leverage agricultural or food systems innovation to deliver healthy, sustainable diets
- Join the Food Systems & Global Change Research group & make a difference!
We are seeking a motivated Nutrition Systems Scientist to join the Food Systems and Global Change Research Group in CSIRO’s Agriculture and Food Business Unit. In this exciting role, you will elevate the contribution of agriculture and food systems research to achieve improvements in nutrition and health outcomes both in Australia and internationally.
As the successful candidate, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team of scientists leveraging the potential of agricultural or food systems innovations to deliver healthy and sustainable diets. You will adapt research methods and approaches from public health and nutrition science to a ‘whole-of-food-systems’ approach. Using your experience in nutrition, food security, public health or food systems, you will be involved in global, regional and local level research activities in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region, particularly in low and middle-income countries.
Your duties will include:
- Leading research activities on the relationship between drivers of global change, agriculture, food systems and nutrition and health outcomes.
- Leading research activities on the integration of nutrition-sensitive approaches to agricultural research and development projects including in project design, implementation and evaluation.
- Providing training and support for capacity development of internal team and external project staff (as required) on nutrition in food systems research.
- Modifying and adapting public health nutrition research methodologies to food systems approaches in local and global contexts.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative field research related to food environments, nutrition and food systems.
Location: Brisbane (St Lucia) QLD preferred, other locations by negotiation
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD (or an equivalent combination of qualifications and research experience) in a relevant field related to sustainable diets, nutrition, food security, public health or food systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of links between agriculture, food systems and healthy and sustainable diets.
- Experience in the collection or analysis of dietary and/or nutrition using quantitative and/or qualitative methods.
- A history of working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team, and carry out independent individual research with critical reflection, to deliver high quality outcomes from research.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake original, creative and innovative research by generating and pursuing novel ideas and solutions to scientific research problems.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated publication history of authorship on scientific papers in peer reviewed journals and/or reports, grant applications or other formats.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa (sponsorship may be provided to eligible candidates).
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
14 November 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 14 Nov 2021
- QLD - Brisbane
- AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: