Advisor, Security Operations
Advisor, Security Operations
- Utilise your expertise in operational security
- Help shape & remodel personnel and protective security processes at CSIRO
- Apply today to join Australia's National Science?Agency!
The Advisor – Operations will join the Security Operations team who support the protection of CSIRO’s people, assets and information against a range of threats, including foreign interference in accordance with the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework.
As the Advisor, Security Operations, you will work with stakeholders to remodel personnel and protective security processes. You will have the opportunity to utilise your expertise in operational security to make recommendations on sensitive security matters for the attention of the Agency Security Advisor and senior leadership, leading a small team responsible for completing security administration consistently and effectively.
This is a security assessed position. To be eligible you must hold an Australian Citizenship and be willing and able to meet Negative Vetting Level 2 Security requirements.
Your duties will include:
- Access personal, sensitive and potentially commercially sensitive information to provide advice on security policy and staff applications.
- Supervising a small team responsible for completing security administration consistently and effectively.
- Representing CSIRO externally within the security sector.
- Liaise with stakeholders across CSIRO to determine their security support needs, tailoring solutions to potentially conflicting requirements, taking personal responsibility for stakeholder satisfaction, and correcting problems promptly and in a constructive manner.
- Autonomously use your expertise to lead a range of support activities/functions, or be responsible for a number of smaller projects, with independence of action within their own function, achieving results through the use and allocation of available resources, within constraints laid down by managers. (Including responsibility for results)
- Provide leadership and supervision to a small team, project group or function, and take responsibility for the performance management and career development of the team.
- Influence the decision of managers by recognising the need for change in initiating innovative solutions/proposals and liaise with and influence related professions to develop practices, which support the Business Unit.
- Communicate openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed team, to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO’s scientific objectives.
Salary: AU$100k - AU$108k plus up to 15.4% superannuation (Pro rata for Part Time)
Tenure: Indefinite (Full Time of Part Time)
To be considered you will need:
- Proven ability to lead a small team handling security operations and security administration, tailoring output to the needs of stakeholders, and handling sensitive information appropriately.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, including negotiating key outcomes, and providing persuasive advice in the face of divergent views while maintaining strong relationships within the agency, and in both government and non-government sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to influence strategic direction, and translate strategic direction into effective security operational outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership that fosters trust and encourages new ideas in a diverse team environment, including supporting the development of emerging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
25 October 2021, 10:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 25 Oct 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- AU$100k - AU$108k plus up to 15.4% superannuation (Pro rata for Part Time)
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time