SME Connect Program Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
SME Connect Program Advisor
- Are you interested in exploring an alternative career outside of research?
- Work with national networks to bridge Australian SMEs with the research sector
- Great hands-on role to work across multiple exciting projects!
CSIRO’s SME Connect connects Australian small to medium sized enterprises/businesses (SMEs) with Australia's research sector, facilitating and enabling innovation-driven partnerships through funding, support and resources.
The SME Connect Program Advisor will be a part of CSIRO Services and work across both the CSIRO Kick-Start Program and the SME Collaboration Nation Initiative, working closely with SME Connect colleagues. This dynamic role involves establishing & managing external leads, discussing potential projects with customers & researchers, reviewing applications, monitoring project progress, and managing after-project feedback. It also involves working with senior team members to plan and implement strategies and pilot programs/tools for SMEs and researchers.
This role will be a great opportunity for a researcher who may want to explore alternative career pathways outside of research.
Your duties will include:
- Triaging leads and speaking to companies about potential Kick-Start projects.
- Assisting with pilot programs and tools; marketing, implementation, management, and post-completion evaluations.
- Facilitating projects across CSIRO Business Units:
- Managing project set-ups & applications.
- Checking-in with on-going projects and gaining customer and researcher feedback.
- Working on promotional materials such as case studies, website improvements and attending virtual events.
- Assisting with generating a database of SME networks.
- Helping to implement new processes and digital solutions for tracking and monitoring SME projects.
- General business development and stakeholder engagement with the innovation ecosystem.
Location: Melbourne VIC; Sydney NSW; Canberra ACT; Brisbane QLD; Perth WA; Adelaide SA
Salary: AU$85K – AU$96K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term currently until 30 June 2022, with a potential extension.
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications preferably in STEM, Business Science or equivalent. A research background/training will be considered highly favourable.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the team effectively internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve.
- High level of organisational and coordination skills, and ability to prioritise work activities to meet business expectations and deadlines.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative team environment.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Please note the eligibility criteria for this role has been changed - To be eligible for this role, you must be currently residing in Australia as an:
- Australian or New Zealand Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- Australian Temporary Resident with a valid visa granting full work rights at least until end of 2023 (please note this does not include bridging visas or other visas that are dependent upon the approval of future visas, and should not require visa sponsorship from CSIRO)
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
3 October 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 03 Oct 2021
- AU$85K – AU$96K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Business Development Manager