Team Leader - Aquatic Disease Research - [Archived Advertisement]
Team Leader - Aquatic Disease Research
- Help protect Australia’s aquaculture industries from emerging and exotic infectious disease threats
- Contribute to the effective leadership of our ACDP Fish Diseases Laboratory
- Carry-out unique research at the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness and really make a difference!
In the Team Leader role for the Aquatic Disease Research team at the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP), you will readily adapt to the changing needs of the group responsible for undertaking R&D and diagnostic testing of aquatic animals. Drawing on your well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, you will support the performance and professional development of team members, and manage specific R&D projects and diagnostic testing activities. In this key role with CSIRO’s ACDP Fish Diseases Laboratory (AFDL), you will play an essential part in maintaining the Laboratory’s national and international role in the diagnosis and research of new, emerging and exotic diseases.
The appointee must meet relevant ACDP microbiological security and security assessment requirements
In this role you will:
- Lead, plan and coordinate AFDL research and experimental activities and delivery.
- Develop Aquatic Research Capability Team objectives.
- Collaborate and publish results of investigations and service activities.
- Meet individual and team outputs defined in annual performance agreements, and other objectives as advised by line management.
- Contribute to better understanding of disease pathogenesis and development of improved diagnostic procedures.
- Contribute to the maintenance of laboratory practices and standards to meet QA/QC requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge on aquatic animal diseases of major concern and on modern and emerging testing technologies.
- Effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders and collaborators in the undertaking of R&D and diagnostic activities.
- Effectively communicate scientific and diagnostics results both internally and externally.
- Abide by and promote ACDP Biorisk Management regulations and conduct work consistent with relevant CSIRO policies and principles.
Location: Geelong, Victoria (Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness, ACDP)
Salary: AU$115k - AU$135k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, full-time
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD (or an equivalent combination of qualifications and research experience) in a relevant field such as virology, molecular biology, biotechnology or similar.
- Theoretical and practical expertise in technologies applicable to the study of infectious diseases.
- Scientific knowledge, experience and achievement managing multidisciplinary research projects.
- The ability to lead a project team, deliver on milestones and network with scientific colleagues.
- The ability and willingness to contribute ideas and new approaches to meet experimental needs where methods are not defined.
- Knowledge of the critical elements of a laboratory Quality Assurance system.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
For full details about this role please view the Position Details
Applications are open to:
Australian or New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent.
- Undertake a National Health Security Check (to be arranged post-commencement).
- Obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting Level 1 (to be arranged post-commencement).
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Wednesday 29 September, 2021 (11pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Sep 2021
- VIC - Geelong
- AU$115k - AU$135k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time