Senior Research Scientist - Genome Engineering - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Research Scientist - Genome Engineering
- Use your expertise to extend and develop our IP in genome engineering applications
- Identify opportunities to apply genome engineering capability in livestock and pests
- Be part of an internationally recognised team in this flexible role!
CSIRO’s Health and Biosecurity Business Unit is seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Research Scientist – Genome Engineering. Based at Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP), you will join the Genome Engineering - Aqua & Biocontrol team - an internationally recognised team.
This team has developed world leading genome engineering capability in avian species in particular poultry. As the successful candidate, you will utilise the technology in poultry but also translate this capability into aquaculture for applications such as improved production and disease resilience. You will also be involved in developing opportunities for genome engineering in a range of species.
To be successful, you will need a track record of research in genome engineering, experience in molecular biology techniques and demonstrated experienced across the project life cycle from concept development to delivery.
This role is offered on a full-time or part-time (minimum 0.8 FTE) basis. Talk to us about your needs.
Your duties will include:
- Extending and developing CSIRO IP in genome engineering applications for poultry and control of invasive pests.
- Developing new funded projects within the Genome Engineering Team.
- Liaising with stakeholders and customers to identify opportunities to apply genome engineering capability in livestock and pest species.
- Supervising others to develop new genome engineering opportunities.
- Producing high quality scientific and/or engineering papers and preparing and presenting conference papers.
Location: Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness, Geelong, Victoria
Salary: AU$115k – AU$135k (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD (or an equivalent combination of qualifications and research experience) in a relevant field such as genome engineering and animal biotechnology coupled with relevant research or industrial experience.
- A track record of research in genome engineering including the production of genome engineered animals.
- Demonstrated high level skills in molecular biology techniques.
- Experience in project concept development, budgeting, regulatory management (including IBC, biological import permits and/or AEC approvals), and delivery.
- A history of working effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
- Excellent communication skills and a publication history of authorship on scientific papers in peer reviewed journals and/or reports, grant applications or inventorship on patent applications.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position, you must be an Australian/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
3rd October 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 03 Oct 2021
- VIC - Geelong
- AU$115k – AU$135k (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time