- Enjoy a varied role working across multiple research projects.
- Be part of a diverse and inclusive culture with flexible work arrangements.
- Join CSIRO Information Management & Technology and make a difference.
The role of a Software Engineer within CSIRO is to initiate, develop, lead and promote CSIRO's research capability for the benefit of Australia's economy, society/community and/or environment through strategic partnerships with industry. The Software Engineer will work with CSIRO research scientists and project staff and CSIRO clients to develop and deliver projects.
The successful candidate will contribute to multiple projects undertaken within AEHRC and with partner organisations. These projects will include the development of new platforms and applications for data interoperability in healthcare – including information modelling with FHIR and OMOP and the use of clinical terminologies such as SNOMED CT.
Your duties will include:
- Work with clients and CSIRO researchers and software engineers to lead projects in developing software and solutions to deliver high-impact solutions within the area of integration and analysis of clinical and other health data.
- Develop and maintain high quality software in accordance with industry best practice and organisational guidelines.
- Contribute to the management and administration of operational business systems, web sites and associated infrastructure.
- Communication of project outcomes through support documentation, demonstrations and presentations.
- Help build CSIRO’s research and engineering reputation for integrated and multi-disciplinary science related to health data semantics.
Location: Parkville, Melbourne
Salary: AU$115,605 - AU$135,467 up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Experience in health informatics, with specific experience with the HL7 FHIR standard or the OMOP data standard, and the use of clinical terminologies or other ontology engineering.
- Experience with the development and delivery of Java-based web services, such as the Spring Boot framework.
- Experience with using public cloud infrastructure and containerised deployment through, for example, Kubernetes.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
26 September 2021 11:59pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 26 Sep 2021
- VIC - Parkville
- AU$115,605 - AU$135,467 up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: