CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Next generation materials for hydrogen permeation - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Next generation materials for hydrogen permeation
- Do you have a PhD (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Metallurgy, Electrochemistry, Materials Science, Physics or Materials/Chemical Engineering?
- Contribute to developing next generation hydrogen technologies
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will work with a dedicated and experienced Metal Membrane Technologies Team, to research and develop next generation materials for optimised hydrogen permeation and separation efficiencies with a focus on understanding hydrogen permeation and diffusion phenomena and mechanisms through metallic crystal lattices. The Postdoctoral Fellow will take a leading role to research, evaluate and develop materials for hydrogen gas separation and permeation.
Your duties will include:
- Selection of suitable materials and metallic coatings for hydrogen permeation, understanding relationship between intermetallic lattice structure / microstructure, surface area and permeation/flux/separation efficiency/hydrogen purity from hydrogen gas mixtures produced from ammonia/steam methane reforming/LOHC or other sources.
- Investigations on the effect of different types of carbon and gaseous impurities on the permeation reaction to establish relationships with surface parameters and performance.
- Design, development, evaluation and construction of test fixtures / rigs to evaluate hydrogen gas permeation and optimise operating regime.
- Materials characterisation (XRD, SEM, TEM, DTA/TGA, surface area, etc.) to characterise and relate surface defects, coating thickness, crystal structure, microstructure to hydrogen gas permeation performance.
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Metallurgy, Electrochemistry, Materials Science, Physics or Materials/Chemical Engineering. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- High scientific creativity demonstrated by a track record and capacity to carry out original, independent and innovative research in solving complex problems and introducing new directions and approaches.
- Sound knowledge and experience working with hydrogen within hydrogen energy applications.
- Proven understanding of chemical and laboratory equipment handling requirements particularly with respect to Health, Safety and Environment compliance – specifically within the hydrogen space.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applicants must be Australian/New Zealand citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or Australian temporary residents currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
23 September 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 23 Sep 2021
- QLD - Brisbane
- AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: