Executive Manager Global - [Archived Advertisement]
Executive Manager Global
- Oversee the management and performance of CSIRO's Global function
- Design and create new engagement and partnership opportunities
- Generous salary package available in this dynamic and challenging role
CSIRO Global focuses on delivering connectivity to global science, technology, and innovation frontier, as well as accessing new markets for Australian innovation. We have teams based in six countries who act as hubs for their regions, promoting Australian innovation and strengthening the bridges between Australia and the world.
The Executive Manager Global oversees the management and performance of CSIRO's Global function, focusing on alignment with Australian practices and delivery to the Global Strategy. This role is a key liaison point with the Offshore network and the On Shore Country / Partnership Support team.
The role will be responsible for
- Driving external engagement and research partnerships across the global regions in which CSIRO operates.
- Ensuring alignment of the Global Strategy to CSIRO BU, Domain Sector and, Mission Strategies.
- Managing offshore teams, international engagements and partnerships
- Co-ordinating and managing Team Australia (DFAT & Austrade) relationships across the international footprint and at the Centre in Australia.
Your duties will include:
- Aligning the strategies of the offshore network with the Global Strategy and CSIRO strategy, including individual BU strategies, CSIRO Mission Strategies and, CSIRO Domain Sector Strategies.
- Designing and creating new engagements and partnership opportunities using design thinking principles.
- Supporting the development of the GLobal Opportunities Pipeline within BD&G communities and business units.
- Consultation and liaison with Business Development in the identification, coordination and, oversight of key strategic partnerships offshore.
- Maintaining awareness of current issues on major national challenges and best-practice approaches to addressing them through interdisciplinary approaches that include science, technology, and humanities.
- Identifying and adapting quickly to changes in strategic customer needs and market changes.
- Providing high-level support and advice to the Director - Business Development and Global on issues and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties.
- Managing reporting and dashboards for the offshore network and completing projects that are related to the Director - Business Development and Global as required.
Location: Any CSIRO Australian site
Salary: AU$166k to AU$208k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles, ideally with postgraduate managerial qualifications.
- Relevant experience managing international engagements and partnerships as well as managing offshore teams, with the flexibility to work across multiple time zones on any given day
- An ability to develop and manage a portfolio of strategic relationships with key clients and partners to meet strategic and financial objectives, in line with CSIRO’s Corporate Plan.
- Demonstrated ability to design, facilitate and execute future-focussed strategic business development initiatives, as well as driving alignment across BD&G teams, scientists, and clients.
- Leadership skills and experience that can be applied to leading a team through significant change, engaging the team, and providing a unified goal and strategy for them to align themselves and their teams.
- Relevant experience building and maintaining strong professional and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines at all levels of the organisation and externally, proactively seek and influence multiple key stakeholders, within a complex and ambiguous environment, to achieve a successful outcome.
- Recent experience in building a high performing team, providing coaching and development opportunities across the breadth and depth of a complex team that delivers high standards in service delivery as well as technical output, proven ability to hold a team accountable to specified results, as well as creating a culture that fosters innovative problem solving, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance at the NV1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 29 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 29 Aug 2021
- AU$166k to AU$208k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Director/Senior Research Management