CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Superconducting Electronics/Electrical Engineering Research - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Superconducting Electronics/Electrical Engineering Research
- Do you have a PhD in physics, preferably superconductivity or condensed matter, electrical engineering?
- Work with a world-class research team of dedicated professionals
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
CSIRO is a world leader in creating quantum-based sensors constructed from high-temperature superconducting (HTS) Josephson junctions. These sensors have applications in mineral exploration and communications due to their high sensitivity to magnetic fields and rapid response time. The successful applicant will play a key role in the development of commensurate analogue and digital signal processing capability, based on compatible junction technology. They will use their highly developed knowledge of electrical/electronic engineering and device physics to design, model and measure HTS-based analogue and digital elements for use in the signal processing chain. They will require extensive experience in electronic design at the individual transistor level. Our ideal candidate will also have experience in superconducting device/circuit design and modelling, as well as signal processing skills. Effective communication skills at all levels, both orally and written are also important to the position, which involves interactions with researchers, engineers, technicians and industrial collaborators.
Your duties will include:
- Design basic logic circuits for logic elements based on HTS Josephson junctions and their parameters, to optimize circuit operation.
- Extend design to include building-block logic types based on arrays of logic elements.
- Developing techniques for logic circuit layout that are compatible with HTS fabrication limitations.
- Direct the manufacture of the new logic circuits using our in-house fabrication facility.
- Evaluate their digital signal processing performance at cryogenic temperatures.
Location: Lindfield, NSW
Salary: CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Superconducting Electronics/Electrical Engineering Research
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as physics, preferably superconductivity or condensed matter, electrical/electronic engineering. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Experience with theoretical modelling, physics background, programming skills
- Experience in electronics/electrical engineering, analogue and digital
- Signal processing skills
- Experience with circuit design and analysis, computational skills, logic design
- Knowledge of computer-aided design, signal conversion techniques
- Knowledge and experience with RF electronics
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian temporary resident currently residing in Australia and be able to commence in the role by December 2021/January 2022.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
24 September 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 24 Sep 2021
- NSW - Lindfield
- AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: