Site Operations Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Site Operations Officer
- Do you have a background and passion in research infrastructure support and project management?
- Use your operation skills to develop and create world class research & industry support facilities
- Support CSIRO’s Agriculture and Food research as it launches a brand-new agricultural research station in Forest Hill
CSIRO’s Agriculture and Food (A&F) business unit are seeking a Site Operations Officer to provide operational support to A&F research staff and site improvement and development projects at multiple CSIRO sites, including Forest Hill, St Lucia and Armidale.
A&F sites in Queensland and Northern New South Wales host research in livestock and aquaculture, crop breeding, farming systems and sustainable agriculture research. The sites include specialist facilities including greenhouse and plant growth facilities, as well as cropping, livestock and aquaculture research stations. As the role covers multiple sites, some travel will be required.
Specifically providing support for scientific research in a diverse range of capacities, you will also partner with A&F leaders, CSIRO’s Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team, CSIRO’s Information, Management and Technology (IMT) to plan and deliver a safe fit-for-purpose work environment for A&F staff. Utilising well developed project management capabilities, this role offers a unique opportunity to play a major part in the delivery a new site for A&F located at Forest Hill.
Your duties will include:
- Utilising sound project management methodology and governance to lead projects focused on providing A&F with required infrastructure, as well as improvements to function and efficiency through the introduction of new technologies and digital options
- Partner with site leaders to develop and implement initiatives to optimise efficient use of facilities and equipment
- Providing timely operational support, including partnering with CBIS and HSE to maintain facilities as safe and fit-for-purpose
- Liaise with CBIS to ensure required building repairs and maintenance (R&M) occurs at multiple sites, both through proactive identification of required activities and in response to research staff requests.
- Liaising with CSIRO’s HSE team and site staff to improve HSE outcomes for the site and foster a productive workplace culture with a strong focus on HSE and wellbeing.
- Managing site operating budgets, including liaising with CSIRO’s Finance team and ensuring appropriate and efficient use of resources.
Location: St Lucia, QLD
Salary: AU$115k – AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent relevant work experience in agricultural science or science support; or relevant tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in infrastructure or related project management.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and change management methodologies.
- Experience in working with a research organisation and managing relationships with researchers, external client users of a facility and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team, and carry out tasks autonomously, including demonstrated ability and willingness to contribute novel ideas.
- A demonstrated ability to work in fast paced work environment and ability to juggle competing demands.
- Knowledge of industry digitalisation that enables work environments (labs, research stations) of the future
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident, residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5 September 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 05 Sep 2021
- QLD - St Lucia
- AU$115k – AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: