Records Collections and Archives Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Records Collections and Archives Officer
- To be involved in the management of CSIRO’s Heritage Collection.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Come and work at Australia’s premier science organisation!
We are seeking an enthusiastic Records Collections and Archives Officer to assist in the delivery of records services. The successful person will join our Records Services Collections and Archives team who pride themselves in the provision of archival services to effectively manage CSIRO hardcopy and digital records collections and digitise hardcopy records. In addition, this team have a longstanding reputation of preservation of historically significant records and artefacts to achieve CSIRO strategic objectives and meet Government and regulatory responsibilities.
Therefore, we are excited to have you join us to continue helping us to achieve this objective!
To be successful for this role you will have an extensive collections and archival background with a strong service focus, good communication skills, and the capacity to contribute actively as a member of our team ensuring efficient and effective delivery of services across CSIRO.
Your duties will include:
- Under guidance, provide retention, preservation, storage and disposal advice and support to client groups and business units
- Correct application of security and records access policies in line with CSIRO requirements.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures and systems for the storage and disposal of CSIRO records.
- Under guidance, undertake complex discovery requests from both internal and external sources.
- Assist in the destruction of temporary records in accordance with authorised Disposal Authorities, and the transfer of permanent value records to the National Archives of Australia.
- Assist in digitisation of key hardcopy and archival records as directed by the Records Services Collections and Archives Team Leader.
Location: Clayton VIC
Salary: AU$64k - AU$82k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite Fulltime
To be considered you will need:
- Qualifications in Records Management and / or equivalent relevant industry experience.
- Sound knowledge of protocols, legislation, functional disposal authorities and standards (national and international) that underpin recordkeeping.
- Demonstrated experience in providing support and advice in Records Collections management and archival services.
- Demonstrated experience in using electronic recordkeeping systems, including appraisal and evaluation of records for archiving or destruction.
- Good oral and written communications skills, liaison and consultation skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build productive working relationships that actively promote good recordkeeping and the ability to demonstrate flexibility.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance at Baseline level. This clearance level requires you to be an Australian Citizen.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of balanced options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
22nd August 2021, 11:59pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 22 Aug 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$64k - AU$82k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time