CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Plasma Enhanced Solar Thermal CO2 Transformation - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Plasma Enhanced Solar Thermal CO2 Transformation
- Do you have a PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry or Physics?
- Keen to lead a project encompassing a wide range of leading-edge technologies?
- Join our team and work with leading scientists in world-class facilities in this exciting postdoctoral role
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will lead a project that will encompass a broad range of leading-edge technologies. They will benefit from working with a wide range of subject matter experts in the areas of material synthesis, catalysis and plasma technology while independently delivering the experimental program.
CSIRO’s Clayton site has world-class facilities for catalyst synthesis, characterisation and testing. These include a High-Throughput Flow Testing facility for fast screening of the catalysts and versatile testing rigs for long term evaluation. The Lindfield laboratories have excellent facilities for development and diagnostics of plasma processes, which include power supplies and diagnostics that are readily transferrable to the Clayton site.
The supervisory research team has a well-established reputation in catalysis and plasma technology. During the course of the project, the Postdoctoral Fellow will be encouraged to spend time in the mentor’s and supervisor’s laboratory and various CSIRO laboratories as an immersive learning experience and to establish a broad network of scientific contacts.
Ample opportunity will be provided for the Postdoctoral Fellow to present scientific outcomes at local and international conferences as well as to CSIRO industrial collaborators and partners (as appropriate).
Your duties will include:
- Working with the supervisory team to design and fabricate a novel plasma reactor with optimised energy efficiency.
- Optimising the synthesis of catalyst materials for these plasma conditions.
- Carrying out experiments to evaluate materials and reactors.
- Utilising both internal and external science networks to broaden expertise and guide delivery of project objectives.
- Carrying out innovative, impactful research that is strategically important to CSIRO and that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
Location: Clayton, Victoria
Salary: AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry and/or Physics. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Experience related to catalyst materials synthesis and catalysis.
- Knowledge and experience related to reactor design, fabrication and testing.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research effectively to both internal and external audiences, including presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, including the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to for role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian temporary resident currently residing in Australia and be able to commence in the role by December 2021/January 2022.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 31 Aug 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: