Project Manager - Environmental Science - [Archived Advertisement]
Project Manager - Environmental Science
- Indefinite opportunity for an experienced research project manager
- Free onsite parking, flexible working arrangements, including WFH
- Join CSIRO Land & Water today to help us make a difference!
This position of Research Projects Manager with CSIRO Land and Water will provide leadership and support in the development and management of water and environmental research projects in the Water Security Program. This position will be required to provide project management, administration, and project delivery leadership and support, while contributing scientific expertise in a water/environmental science domain. The successful applicant will be responsible for establishing and maintaining research partnerships for new and existing projects, managing and monitoring project progress, coordinating larger internal and external workshops and events to foster the building and maintaining of effective teams, contribution to research outcomes, and communicating within the project team and with the client.
In this role, you will support existing science and leadership capability to deliver high-impact external projects such as the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (MER) Basin-scale Project funded by the Commonwealth Environmental Water Office. You will also contribute to the wider inter-disciplinary efforts of Land and Water in water science, policy, and management.
Your duties will include:
- Project management leadership of complex multi- and trans-disciplinary projects, with domestic government, academic, and industry partners.
- Establishing and maintaining effective and efficient work teams and manages performance and resources, to achieve objectives.
- Establishing and maintaining procedures and practices for project material including meeting notes, and document and data management including the storage and appropriate access to and use of confidential information.
- Providing scientific expertise in their related domain of water/environmental science.
- Ensuring projects are on track to hit milestones, including but not limited to financial targets, project delivery deadlines, etc.
- Communicating research outcomes and project findings with stakeholders and peers in written and oral media.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$100k - AU$108k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree, preferably in water and/or environmental science, or equivalent relevant work experience in a scientific discipline
- The ability to work closely with domain experts such as technologists, hydrologists, ecologists and social and economic researchers to deliver research and impact.
- Evidence of expertise in own scientific domain.
- Experience in project management and coordination to deliver high-quality project outputs on time and to budget, ensuring compliance with both internal and external requirements.
- The ability to effectively and rapidly manage multiple and often competing priorities and challenges as they arise, often under tight timeframes.
- Experience in using Project Management Plans and Tools with a high level of IT competency, including demonstrated experience with MS Office products.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday 10 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
Please note: this advertisement will remain live until the position has been filled. Assessment of applications will begin two weeks from 12 July 2021.
- Closing Date:
- 10 Aug 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- AU$100k - AU$108k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Science/Earth Science